Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21222 Discussions

Does intel xe graphic support 2k monitor

VadLat
Beginner

I have Asus Vivobook x1605va-mb183w. Intel i9 13900h with xe graphic, WUXGA,60 Hz laptop.

I dont have Thunderbolt. Can i connect 2,5k monitor via hdmi or usbc? Will i have 2,5k resolution on it? Monitor will be used for You tube, Internet ,without games.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
n_scott_pearson
Super User
In most cases, yes, you can use 2.5K monitors with Iris Xe GFX. In some (completely idiotic, just saying) laptop designs, support is limited by the manufacturer to the resolution of the embedded display. I think they do this to upsell you (very scummy).
Your processor provides full resolution support for both DisplayPort (and USB-C ports that (also) support DisplayPort Alt Mode) and HDMI connections. In some cases, as I noted above, the manufacturer may limit the support provided.
Hope this helps,
...S

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User
In most cases, yes, you can use 2.5K monitors with Iris Xe GFX. In some (completely idiotic, just saying) laptop designs, support is limited by the manufacturer to the resolution of the embedded display. I think they do this to upsell you (very scummy).
Your processor provides full resolution support for both DisplayPort (and USB-C ports that (also) support DisplayPort Alt Mode) and HDMI connections. In some cases, as I noted above, the manufacturer may limit the support provided.
Hope this helps,
...S
0 Kudos
VadLat
Beginner

Thanks.

0 Kudos