Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20495 Discussions

Does not play 8K videos correctly when updating to DHC driver 26.20.100.7926

DLuja
Beginner

Last night I updated automatically, from WIndows Update the graphics controller to the DHC extension 26.20.100.7926, at the end I checked that in 8K videos it gave me jerks, micro pauses, check from the task manager and the GPU reaches 100%, before plays them normally. I am not watching 8K videos, the problem is that there is a drop in performance that will surely affect me in other situations. As it is a DHC controller I cannot uninstall it, what solution can I apply? ... My computer is Lenovo IdeaPad S145 15IIL, Intel® Core ™ i3-1005G1 processor, 12 Gigas RAM, Thoshiba 1 Tb HDD. Attached is a picture of the problem ...

0 Kudos
1 Reply
LeonWaksman
Super User

Sure you can uninstall the Intel DCH Graphics Driver. I suggest that you perform clean installation, following my instructions:

1. Download the latest Graphics Driver.
  2. Disconnect the internet.
  3. Open the Display Adapter section in Device Manager and right click on Intel(R) HD Graphics. Select Uninstall device (check the "Delete ..." option).
  4. Reboot your computer. You should see Microsoft Basic Graphics Driver in the Device Manager.
  5. Install the previously downloaded driver Version: 26.20.100.7985.
  6. Reconnect the internet and reboot your computer.

Leon

0 Kudos