Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20966 Discussions

Does the Intel Arc A370m support legacy Video BIOS?

CLu1
Novice

Does the Intel Arc A370m support legacy Video BIOS?

From the https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_BIOS

Video BIOS is the BIOS of a graphics card in a computer. It initializes the graphics card at the computer's boot time. It also implements INT 10h interrupt and VESA BIOS Extensions (VBE)[1][2] for basic text and video mode output before a specific video driver is loaded. In UEFI 2.x systems, the INT 10h and the VBE are replaced by the UEFI GOP.

Can the Arc A370m utilize INT 10h and VBE for video mode instead of UEFI GOP?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello CLu1,

Thank you for posting on the Intel®️ communities. I see you want to know if the Intel® Arc™ A370M Graphics supports Legacy Video BIOS, I know how important is this for you, I will be more than glad to help you.

To provide you with this information, I will start with an investigation as soon as I have it I will let you know.

Regards,  

Andres P. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello CLu1,

Thank you for your time.

I am still working on the investigation to answer your question, for that please answer the questions below:

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
CLu1
Novice

Hi Andres,

As we require conducting certain tests prior to the OS startup, our testing program is built upon the foundation of INT 10h interrupt and VESA BIOS Extensions (VBE).

Regards,  

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello CLu1,

Thank you for your clarification.

That help us a lot to continue with the investigation, but first, we would like you to provide us with the Intel® SSU report, this is to know your hardware and software environment and provide you with accurate information.

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello CLu1, 

Were you able to run the  Intel® SSU to know your system information?   

Let us know if you still need assistance.    

Best regards,   

Andres P.   

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello CLu1, 

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Best regards, 

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello CLu1,  

I have been working on the investigation to answer your question. To revisit it: Arc A-series GPUs (codenamed Alchemist) support Legacy VBIOS with limited functionality (for example there is no eDP support, no support for serial debug messages, among other limitations). Since your inquiry is specific to the A370M we cannot list all limitations because OEMs can customize their VBIOS, thus we do not have details whether or not INT 10h and VBE are supported. Please consult with your laptop manufacturer for details.

For now, we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
CLu1
Novice
Hi, Andres,

Thanks for your feedback.
How about Intel A40 card?
Do you have details information w
about INT 10h and VBE are supported?
0 Kudos