Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Driver Crashed while playing games

MSing26
Novice

The latest version of graphics driver goes on crashing while playing games. see the screenshot. Any solution??

1 Solution
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello MSing26, Thank you for your response. Upon review of the report it shows two drivers for the same graphics controller, in this case I would like to follow these procedures to see if it installs only one of them: 1. Download the latest DCH driver and save it on the computer. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28445/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10?product=126789 2. Disconnect from the Internet so no new drivers are automatically installed by Windows Update. 3. Uninstall the DCH driver and the Intel Graphics Control Panel from Control Panel > Programs and Features. 4. Restart the computer. 5. Confirm in Device Manager > Video Adapters the controller is listed as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter' > if not, repeat steps 2 through 4. 6. If the adapter continues to be listed as ‘Intel HD Graphics’ or similar, and no other Intel Graphics driver is listed under 'Programs and Features' for removal, then it means Windows has switched to a previously installed Legacy driver. At this point we can remove Legacy drivers from Device Manager: 6.1. Right-click on 'Intel HD Graphics' or similar, and select 'Uninstall Device' 6.2 In the pop-up window make sure 'Delete the driver software for this device' is checked. 6.3 Click on 'Uninstall'. 6.4 Restart. (Repeat steps 6.1 through 6.4 until the device gets listed as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter') 7. Install the DCH driver that was downloaded on step 1. 8. Restart the computer. 9. Reconnect to the Internet. 10. Download the Intel Graphics Control Panel from the MS Store. Once you have completed these steps, try with the game again, let me know the outcome and also provide me with a new report. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
RAJU2529
New Contributor III

​could you tell me the game that you played , if possible give me the game download link .

I am also having same driver 25.20.100.6471 . but I want to test that game.

If you have dedicated  gpu like  NVidia or amd , play with high performance  graphics  processor .

In NVidia  control panel , add the  game  with high performance  processor

0 Kudos
MSing26
Novice

Fifa 18, I bought from origin game store ​

0 Kudos
MSing26
Novice

Only intel uhd 620...no dedicated graphics​

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello MSing26 , Thank you for posting on the Intel ® communities. Please provide me with more system information, specifically the System Support Utility report, this report can be generated from our tool, you can refer to the link below so you can download it:  https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- Make sure to attach the created report to this thread. Also, To better assist you with your request, I will need to check some information about your computer. Please follow these steps: 1. In the keyboard, press WinLogo key + R. 2. In the Run box please type dxdiag and hit Enter. 3. Click on Save All Information (save it in your desktop). 4. Attach the report to this thread. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello MSing26 , I am following up with your case and see that we have not heard back from you. Please provide me with the information requested above. If you need more assistance do not hesitate to reply. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
MSing26
Novice

hello sir, i already uploaded the required data.

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello MSing26, Thank you for your response. Upon review of the report it shows two drivers for the same graphics controller, in this case I would like to follow these procedures to see if it installs only one of them: 1. Download the latest DCH driver and save it on the computer. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28445/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10?product=126789 2. Disconnect from the Internet so no new drivers are automatically installed by Windows Update. 3. Uninstall the DCH driver and the Intel Graphics Control Panel from Control Panel > Programs and Features. 4. Restart the computer. 5. Confirm in Device Manager > Video Adapters the controller is listed as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter' > if not, repeat steps 2 through 4. 6. If the adapter continues to be listed as ‘Intel HD Graphics’ or similar, and no other Intel Graphics driver is listed under 'Programs and Features' for removal, then it means Windows has switched to a previously installed Legacy driver. At this point we can remove Legacy drivers from Device Manager: 6.1. Right-click on 'Intel HD Graphics' or similar, and select 'Uninstall Device' 6.2 In the pop-up window make sure 'Delete the driver software for this device' is checked. 6.3 Click on 'Uninstall'. 6.4 Restart. (Repeat steps 6.1 through 6.4 until the device gets listed as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter') 7. Install the DCH driver that was downloaded on step 1. 8. Restart the computer. 9. Reconnect to the Internet. 10. Download the Intel Graphics Control Panel from the MS Store. Once you have completed these steps, try with the game again, let me know the outcome and also provide me with a new report. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello MSing26, Were you able to follow the instructions provided? Let me know if you need more help. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
MSing26
Novice

thank you sir for your support

0 Kudos