Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20494 Discussions

Driver HD Intel® 3000

lcnfred333
Beginner

Hello, I reinstalled windows 10 and my Acer Aspire V5-571P notebook. However, the intel HD Graphics 3000 VGA driver

is not working. The screen looks like this and for you to see I photographed because

printscreen does not show this problem. Win 10 is already updated. I tried to install version 4000 of the driver I downloaded. before needing to reinstall windows 10 it worked perfectly. below is the photograph I took. Thank you all for the attention.

aceito respostas em Português.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
CaptainRex
Novice

You worked for Intel, so obviously you don't want this solution. The HD 4000 supports the latest version of Windows 10 and, barring a major change in the operating system, this will likely continue. I am just proposing a radical solution, which may be possible, but if the author fixes his problem without, so much the better.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
32 Replies
AlHill
Super User

There is no Intel driver for HD 3000 graphics for Windows 10.  There is only the Microsoft generic driver which lacks features and performance.

Also, installing a driver for 4000 graphics is wrong, and you should not do that.  There is 3000, and there is 4000, and they are not the same or compatible.

0 Kudos
lcnfred333
Beginner

Before reinstalling win 10 the driver 3000 works fine, but not now. that's why I tried to install 4000. I don't know what to do.

0 Kudos
powerarmour
Valued Contributor II

As @AlHill mentioned, you'll need to let Windows install the generic driver for your HD 3000, uninstall the driver from device manager, and run an update to see if it pulls through a base driver from Microsoft's servers.

The HD 4000 is a different architecture and if you force it, it won't work correctly. 

0 Kudos
lcnfred333
Beginner

got it. I won't insist on 4000 anymore.
But when I leave the microsoft basic drive the computer automatically updates to 3000
and 3000 leaves the screen as in the image I attached in my first post.
For it not to work I have to install and disable the 3000.
The strange thing is that 5 days ago I was able to use it on the overhead projector
and after reinstalling windows 10 home I can no longer. Forgive my bad English.

0 Kudos
Maiti
Beginner

Hola buen dia... estimado señor tengo el sigiente problema... lleve a actualizar a windows 10 y ahora no puedo escuchar nada cuando conecto mi compu al tele por cable HDMI solo pudo vere... antes podia ver y escuchar po HDMI mi computadora portatil es una ken brom con procesador intel i5 con placa intel y intel graphicg 3000 y 4GB ram.. espero puedan solucionarme ese incombeniente ya q nadie pudo solucionarlo y e gastado mucho tiempo y dinero y no funciona.. creo q me falta un drivers... muchas gracias espero su pronta respuesta 

0 Kudos
lcnfred333
Beginner
For the 3000 to not disturb me, I have to disable it as soon as the drive is installed.

0 Kudos
lcnfred333
Beginner
got it. I won't insist on 4000 anymore.
But when I leave the microsoft basic drive the computer automatically
updates to 3000 and 3000 leaves the screen as in the image I attached
in my first post. For it not to work I have to install and disable the 3000.
The strange thing is that 5 days ago I was able to use it on the overhead
projector and after reinstalling windows 10 home I can no longer. Forgive my bad English.
0 Kudos
lcnfred333
Beginner

already with all updates up to date and even so the screen is the way it is. I've tried to disable automatic drive update and it didn't work. thank you for your attention.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

As Al indicated, there is no driver from Intel for this graphics adapter. It was near its EOL date when Windows 10 was launched and thus Intel chose not to support it. The compatibility driver provided by Microsoft has a lot of known issues and Microsoft has stated that they will NOT entertain any requests for fixes or enhancements in this driver. In fact, exactly the opposite, they plan to remove support for this driver at some point in the near future due to the problems with it.

Bottom line, if it is not working for you, there really is no recourse. If you must run Windows 10, then I suggest you look into purchasing a more-modern system. There really is no other answer.

Sorry,

...S

0 Kudos
lcnfred333
Beginner

Thank you.  but, do you have a way to prevent the 3000 driver from being installed automatically?
I've tried to block by regedit and windows update.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

What HD 3000 driver?  There is only the Microsoft generic driver.  You need that.

And, stop messing in the registry before you really cause a problem.

0 Kudos
lcnfred333
Beginner

Sorry if I didn't make myself understood.
is that the Intel hd graphics 3000 Driver is installing automatically and for me to
be able to use the computer
I need to let the 3000 install and then I disable it. Only then can I use it.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User
You're right, I don't understand. If you disable the driver, you can't use it. Or is that the point? You can't use the secondary graphics engine until you've disabled the Intel engine?
...S
0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

I believe the problem goes a bit deeper.  The OP has tried a number of drivers, including HD 4000, and has tampered with the registry.  The current state of his driver and install is unknown.  For the OP to get to a known state, a fresh install is in order.

0 Kudos
lcnfred333
Beginner
And AlHill I already reinstalled windows 10. I did a clean installation and as soon as
I connect on the internet the driver 3000 is installed.
I disabled the installation in the windows update and even then the 3000 is installed.
It is the automatic installation of the 3000 that has been disturbing me.
And the only way to use the computer is to disable the 3000 driver.
Can you understand me? I apologize if not, as I am not fluent in the English language.
0 Kudos
lcnfred333
Beginner
n_scott_pearson does not. If I disable the 3000 driver I don't know if I will use 
the basic driver. What appears to me is the 300 disabled
0 Kudos
Maiti
Beginner

Hola buen dia... estimado señor tengo el sigiente problema... lleve a actualizar a windows 10 y ahora no puedo escuchar nada cuando conecto mi compu al tele por cable HDMI solo pudo vere... antes podia ver y escuchar po HDMI mi computadora portatil es una ken brom con procesador intel i5 con placa intel y intel graphicg 3000 y 4GB ram.. espero puedan solucionarme ese incombeniente ya q nadie pudo solucionarlo y e gastado mucho tiempo y dinero y no funciona.. creo q me falta un drivers... muchas gracias espero su pronta respuesta......

0 Kudos
CaptainRex
Novice

Hello,
The previous installation, was it a migration from Windows 7 to 10? Because I have had problems with the HD 3000 (I have a 4000 now) directly by installing Windows 10. However, if you install Windows 7 (and all updates) and migrate to Windows 10, no problem appears.

0 Kudos
lcnfred333
Beginner
Hello, how wonderful! I'm happy for you. No, in my case it was windows 8. 
I installed win 8 with all the updates and it didn't work as for you.
But, thanks for the information.

0 Kudos
CaptainRex
Novice

Another solution is to change the processor. I had a second generation i3 (HD 3000) and was able to upgrade to a third generation i5 (HD 4000). The advantage of the 4000 is that it officially supports Windows 10. If you can afford it (my i5 cost 30 €), and your processor can be changed, this can be a solution.

0 Kudos