Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20597 Discussions

Driver & Support Assistant advises me I have an update available. I begin to download, then I get a op-up: The driver being installed is not validated for this computer. Please obtain the appropriate driver from the computer manufacturer.

JLumb
Beginner

This update is for i5-7600K CPU @ 3.80GHz , HD Graphics 630, - - Windows® 10 DCH Drivers Latest version: x.x.x.7584 Installed Version: x.x.x.7323 Update available. I have been using the program for a couple of years so I know it works for my PC. What next?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User
  1. Currently you have Version: x.x.x.7323 driver installed. This is the old-style Intel Graphics Driver. The suggested driver  version: x.x.x.7584 is a new style DCH Graphics Driver. However, in order to install the new DCH style driver, you should do clean installation (i.e. first uninstall the current driver). Next time when you will update the DCH driver, it will do this without problems:
  2. Download the latest DCH driver version 26.20.100.7584 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29127/Intel-Graphics-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers?v=t
  3. Disconnect the internet.
  4. Right click on currently installed driver (in Device Manager), then click on Uninstall device. Check the Delete the driver software from this device option.
  5. Reboot your computer. After finishing uninstalling you should see Microsoft Basic Graphics Adapter.
  6. Now, install previously downloaded driver 26.20.100.7584
  7. Reconnect the internet and reboot your computer.

Leon

0 Kudos
JLumb
Beginner
0 Kudos
JLumb
Beginner
0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

I'm glad. Update to the next version should work trough IDSA.

Leon

0 Kudos