Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20603 Discussions

Driver update causes VERY SLOW interaction in Windows 10

grendizer
Novice

Hello,

Previously I had a Hyundai 24" 16/9 monitor. In November I replaced it with an Acer Predator X34, 3440 x 1440 resolution and 21:9 aspect ratio.

Everything was working great on my Windows 10 PC with my Intel HD Graphics 530.

But then I decided to update the graphics driver using the Intel Driver and Support app.

After I restarted Windows, it was horrible, almost every app was slow. To give an example, in Excel I use the TAB key to  go from one cell to another. After I hit TAB, I must wait 2 SECONDS for the other celle to be selected!

So in Device manager I used the "roll back driver" button and all was fine.

But in december I decided to give it another try, thinking "surely Intel has now solved the badly designed driver they had in November".

I was wrong. I had the exact same problem! So once again I used the "roll back driver" button and now all is fine again.

So my current driver is version 26.20.100.7262 and it's working well.

But I need to update my driver as I have problems with an app that does not start. What should I do?

Thanks

-G

0 Kudos
1 Solution
David_G_Intel

Thanks for the update. From the report we noticed that you're running a BIOS version from 2015 which could also affect with the performance issues, you can contact the motherboard manufacturer for the BIOS update. 

Driver 30.0.101.1191 is the latest graphics driver available for you, in this case we recommend a clean installation instead of the automatic Intel® DSA update.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

View solution in original post

5 Replies
David_G_Intel

Hello grendizer

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. What driver version gives you those performance issues? To investigate this, please share with us the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) results 

Regards, 

David G 

grendizer
Novice

Hello, 

Before running your tool I reinstalled again this Intel Graphics Driver :

Display Adapter(s): Intel(R) HD Graphics 530 30.0.101.1191

My PC is back to running in slow motion!

Here is the SSU result enclosed as a text file.

Thanks for your help!

David

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Thanks for the update. From the report we noticed that you're running a BIOS version from 2015 which could also affect with the performance issues, you can contact the motherboard manufacturer for the BIOS update. 

Driver 30.0.101.1191 is the latest graphics driver available for you, in this case we recommend a clean installation instead of the automatic Intel® DSA update.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Regards, 

David G 

grendizer
Novice

Superb! This clean re-install has fixed my problem! THANKS

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

We're glad to know the information helped. Hopefully, it will help other community members. Since the thread is now solved, we will close it. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Best regards,  

David G  

0 Kudos