Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20657 Discussions

Drivers for graphics Intel GMA 3600/3650 - when?

idata
Employee

Hi,

For last 4 months since new mainboards premiere there is no graphics drivers for Microsoft XP OS.

Our client ask about support to XP for new Intel products D2500CCE and DN2800MT.

Why it is so long? How is it possible to send products with no proper software support?

Beta version drivers available somewhere?

110 Replies
idata
Employee

On 2 September ....

A driver is still no

When will the driver?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello. Recently bought the office nettop Intel D2500N. At work using MS Windows Xp. Question: When will release driver for MS Windows Xp?. Please give an answer to mailto:chemerisv@gmail.com chemerisv@gmail.com.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

This is terrible ....No Graphics driver support for WinXP.

cannot adjust the display brightness....

1) Anyone have a workaround .....Acer Aspire One D270 running WinXp ?

D2600 Processor....

2) If Intel does not plan to fix this problem can they at least advise customers and set the right customer expectations..Will they be releaseing an update driver,etc......

This is a bit like hanging up someone on a phone ....

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Any hope that if you install third party applications that adjust the brightness that you can dimm the brightness in WinXP for Intel Atom D2600 based Acer aspire one D270 ?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I think we must reject the intel. Will move to amd. Amd leader - low price and good compatibility........

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello the community. I am also in the same problem! What do engineers and developers of intel? Windows XP is not dead! Support by Microsoft until 2014! We want the GMA 3600 driver for Windows XP, 2D and 3D acceleration. Why it is so long to wait? Thank you.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I'm catching at the release of GMA 3600 driver for Windows XP...

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi guys!

Intel, let me down.

I bought in May 2012 an innovative series mainboard DN2800MT to retire my honored D945GCLF mini ITX Mainboard.

The characteristics satisfy me 100%, but on the video graphics with these OS:

Windows XP PRO SP3 X86, no video driver. not work.

Windows Vista X86 and X64, no video driver, not work.

Windows 7 X64, no video driver, not work.

Fortunately, in August, a driver for windows XP,!

after installing this driver I realize that graphics acceleration does not work

In the end I had to adjust installing windows 7 X86 losing 1 Gb ram and the driver Win 7 X86:

Yotube on the TV via HDMI, not working fluid, freezes every 2 seconds ...

A Mpeg file or similar freezes in a widows player ..

With Windows Aero disabled, delays in responses of mouse clicks, screensavers jerky, difficult to play old games where the characteristics of DN2800MT exceed minimum requirements .......

My old D945CGLF belonging to the 'HDMI port, the video quality has never given trouble! still works with Win 7 64 bit perfectly.

In the end, I solved the problem by buying an ASUS E45M1-I Fanless mainboard with AMD E-450 dual core processor.....
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi everyone,

does anyone think that XP Drivers will come for this soon ,....??

I am contemplating selling my netbook as this whole driver not working thing has rendered it practically useless as the brightness doesnt work under winxp...

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

what a shame.

announce a driver for windows xp that does not work ...

my company has a project developments terminal kiosk

I bought 30 pieces of intel d2500HN to replace the old ladies D410PT and I am faced with what I thought was unthinkable coming from a company like intel.

seems that just lost a customer, you probably do not lack, but with this attitude from you believe will lose many more.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Reason for Revision: Add Clarifying Information to Customer Impact Statement and Change Implementation Date.

Look this...

https://qdms.intel.com/dm/d.aspx/CBB35501-7B64-43DA-A127-5F9ACE4A4D0F/PCN111721-01.pdf https://qdms.intel.com/dm/d.aspx/CBB35501-7B64-43DA-A127-5F9ACE4A4D0F/PCN111721-01.pdf

And ??? What does that mean exactly?

0 Kudos
powerarmour
Valued Contributor II

Walternate wrote:

Reason for Revision: Add Clarifying Information to Customer Impact Statement and Change Implementation Date.

Look this...

https://qdms.intel.com/dm/d.aspx/CBB35501-7B64-43DA-A127-5F9ACE4A4D0F/PCN111721-01.pdf https://qdms.intel.com/dm/d.aspx/CBB35501-7B64-43DA-A127-5F9ACE4A4D0F/PCN111721-01.pdf

And ??? What does that mean exactly?

Interesting?!, could be that current Cedar Trail packages are currently borked somewhat though, if they've had to go to a new B3 stepping that isn't compatible with pre '1083 drivers...

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

On 14 September ....

A driver is still no

When will the driver?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I am very disappointed from Intel provide no support for Windows XP

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Intel !

When will be the driver for Win XP?

already tired of waiting......

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I'll join the protest. I'm tired of waiting too. I've spent two week nights and weekends finally managing to install Windows XP on an NP-NC110-P01UK model and the graphics card (GMA 3600 chipset) is not recognised. Is there any unofficial driver around?

Also, the microphone doesn't work at all and the speakers don't always work (I had to insert and take out the headphones to have them to work, don't ask why...) even with the latest Realtek drivers I found at the end of August. Does anyone have a suggestion for that too?

Intel... PLEASE!! XP Drivers for GMA 3600!! This NC110 with Windows Seven even after several tweaks is slower than the old NC10 with XP! Drivers needed!!

idata
Employee

Actaully, I have managed to make the NC110 display at 1024x600, following the instructions on a page linked in the second post of the third page: http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=21551&ProdId=3382&lang=eng&OSVersion=Windows%20XP%20%20Professional*&DownloadType=Drivers Download Center.

Now I only miss the microphone (no error in the Device Manager, but it's not working and before the last attempt it was complaining about an audio BUS thing). Please help, if you know.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello,

I've got a netbook asus 1025C, I tried to make the driver as described here:

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=21551&ProdId=3382&lang=eng&OSVersion=Windows%20XP%20%20Professional*&DownloadType=Drivers Download Center

but after rebooting I have a black screen!

Any help would be much appreciated.

I contacted Intel (live chat), about a week ago, they still had no intention to make a driver for XP.

Nicoxp

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi,

I 've just used the live chat; here's the transcript (the agent's name is removed):

: Hello, I'd like to know when the next driver for gma 3600 series will be released for Windows XP 32bits as stated in "Please contact your Intel Field Rep for details on the planned accelerated release for XP/XPe." Current version 1.12 has "No hardware acceleration for 3D or 2D graphics"; after installing this driver the machine reboots and the driver fails (black screen).

Agent: Hello. Thank you for using the Intel Customer Chat Support service. We are glad to be of service. How may I help you?

: Hello, I'd like to know when the next driver for gma 3600 series will be released for Windows XP 32bits as stated in "Please contact your Intel Field Rep for details on the planned accelerated release for XP/XPe." Current version 1.12 has "No hardware acceleration for 3D or 2D graphics"; after installing this driver the machine reboots and the driver fails (black screen).

Agent: Unfortunately we have no release dates for future products

: But, does Intel guarantee a new driver will be released some day as promised?

Agent: As a general corporate policy, the technical support staff does not comment on unannounced Intel(R) products, future technologies, technology trends or future driver releases.

Agent: We at Intel appreciate your feedback in this matter. I will forward your suggestion to our product managers for consideration for future products.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Well, that chat doesn't explicitly say they would never do the driver for XP.

Fortunately the driver without acceleration is enough for me.

From a quick search it seems your netbook has the same processor and chipset as mine, Intel Atom N2600 and GMA 3600? If it's like that, perhaps you can reboot in safe mode and I can give you the one I made and installed, to try. Let me know.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

marco, the one you made does it allow you to reduce the screen brightness?

0 Kudos