Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20943 Discussions

Encode Engine Intel Quick Sync ! ?

Stephen
Valued Contributor I
Could Intel work on driver to expose the Encode Engine properly to the operating system, in windows task manager.

Ever since I can remember it always shows decode, decode 1, video processing but there is no option for encoder.

If they can make it show Encoder when encoding instead of decode, decode 1 or video processing.

Like how nvidia shows correctly encode and decode on windows task manager.
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Stephen,

Thank you for your patience. After investigating this matter, we want to inform you that this is expected behavior since the Intel graphics chips can have one or two video command streamer (VCS) engines and one video enhancement (VE) engine. The VE node handles post-processing tasks, and the VCS engines handle both encode and decode workloads, but since we can only report one node type to the OS for each engine, the OS labels them "Video Decode" and "Video Decode 1", thus Video Decode 1 = Video Encode.

Best regards

Jean O.

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

StephenThank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

We are sorry to hear about this issue and we will be more than glad to assist you with this matter. 

In reference to this scenario, it is important to mention that for Intel®, all the feedback and comments provided by all of our clients are very important. For that reason, I will send your remarks and observations, about working on a new driver, to the proper department for them to be aware of this situation in order to keep improving the customer's experience while using Intel® products.

For me to do that and report this condition, please attach the SSU report of the machine(s) in question, so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057926/memory-and-storage.html

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Stephen
Valued Contributor I

Find attached SSU Report.

Hopefully a driver with fix will be worked on.

Best Regards,

Stephen Bwana

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Stephen,

Thank you for the information provided. Based on the information you have provided, we will investigate internally and post an update soon.

Best regards

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Stephen,

Thank you for your patience. After investigating this matter, we want to inform you that this is expected behavior since the Intel graphics chips can have one or two video command streamer (VCS) engines and one video enhancement (VE) engine. The VE node handles post-processing tasks, and the VCS engines handle both encode and decode workloads, but since we can only report one node type to the OS for each engine, the OS labels them "Video Decode" and "Video Decode 1", thus Video Decode 1 = Video Encode.

Best regards

Jean O.

Stephen
Valued Contributor I

Thank you for the explanation, understood.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Stephen,

We are glad to know that the information helped you. Maybe it will help other community members experiencing the same issue. Since this issue is now solved, we will proceed to close this thread. If you need additional information, open a new thread as this one will no longer be monitored.

Best regards

Jean O.

0 Kudos