Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20495 Discussions

Error "Driver Power State Failure" after installing driver for UHD750

KimiNguyen
Beginner
Hi,
I am now using Asrock Z590 Phantom Gaming -ITX/TB4 with Intel i5 11500.
After ínstalling Windows 10, I have to install drivers, most of drivers are good except Intel Graphics UHD750.
After installing driver for graphics, restarting PC and it stuck "Restarting" in 10-15 minutes then occur error "Driver Power State Failure". PC auto restart then I login PC but the PC run very slowly, no wireless, no LAN... until I uninstall graphics driver for UHD750.
I also update newest driver for graphics as well bios of mainboard
0 Kudos
19 Replies
Stefan3D
Honored Contributor II

Find a matching crash dump at

c:\Windows\LiveKernelReports\
c:\Windows\Minidump\

and keep it handy just in case an Intel developer wants to debug it.

If you want to debug it yourself, check out:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/debugger/bug-check-0x9f--driver-power-state-failure

0 Kudos
KimiNguyen
Beginner
Dear Stefan3D,

What can I do to fix this ?
0 Kudos
Stefan3D
Honored Contributor II

Those seven tips from Microsoft did not help?

0 Kudos
KimiNguyen
Beginner
Dear Stefan3D,

I saw the link you send but I am only user, I don't understand and don't know how to do. Anyway, thanks for your help
0 Kudos
Stefan3D
Honored Contributor II

Did you even scroll down to the bottom? Anyway i copy and paste the content:

If you are not equipped to debug this problem using the techniques described above, you can use some basic troubleshooting techniques.

• If new device drivers or system services have been added recently, try removing or updating them. Try to determine what changed in the system that caused the new bug check code to appear.

• Look in Device Manager to see if any devices are marked with the exclamation point (!). Review the events log displayed in driver properties for any faulting driver. Try updating the related driver.

• Check the System Log in Event Viewer for additional error messages that might help pinpoint the device or driver that is causing the error. For more information, see Open Event Viewer. Look for critical errors in the system log that occurred in the same time window as the blue screen.

• To try and isolate the cause, temporally disable power save using control panel, power options. Some driver issues are related to the various states of system hibernation and the suspending and resumption of power.

• If you recently added hardware to the system, try removing or replacing it. Or check with the manufacturer to see if any patches are available.

• You can try running the hardware diagnostics supplied by the system manufacturer.

• Check with the manufacturer to see if an updated system ACPI/BIOS or other firmware is available.

KimiNguyen
Beginner
Dear Stefan3D,

As I mentioned above, I have updated newest Bios of motherboard (ver 1.20) and also installed most of drivers (they worked geat). The problem occured when I installed Intel graphic's drivers (UHD750), after installed it, there were no wireless, no LAN, PC run very slowly, I can't open apps (Adobe, Office...). PC will work and run good if I remove Intel graphic's driver or disable it.
I have also download newest driver from website of Intel or update in Settings
0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello @KimiNguyen

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

In order to check this further, could you please provide the following information?

1- Is this a new system? Is the issue happening since the very first day that you have the computer or did it work fine before at any time?

2- When you installed Windows, did you perform a clean/fresh install? Did you wipe the hard disk/drive?

3- Have you tested using minimal display configuration? For instance, using only 1 monitor connected to the onboard video port using a straight-through connection (e.g. HDMI-to-HDMI) with a single cable.

4- Have you tested with different cables and/or different video ports on the computer?

5- Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system.

• Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer
  • Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".
  • To save your scan, click Next and click Save.
  • Once you have saved the file (.txt file), please attach it to your reply.
  • To upload and attach a file, use the "Drag and drop here or browse files to attach" option below the response textbox.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
KimiNguyen
Beginner
Dear AndrewG_Intel,

1. It is new system, it occur since first day after I installed fresh Win 10

2. I installed new Win 10 on ssd after format it. I did it 3-4 times but the errors still happening.

3. I used only 1 monitor (Dell P2715Q) by HDMI port, the cable is good and support 4k@60hz

4. Still the same when I changed into other cables
0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello KimiNguyen

Thank you very much for your response.

Unfortunately, it seems that we are missing the Intel® SSU report requested in our previous post.

Please download and run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system in order to check environment details. Please follow these steps:

• Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer
  • Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".
  • To save your scan, click Next and click Save.
  • Once you have saved the file (.txt file), please attach it to your reply here in the thread.
  • To upload and attach a file, use the "Drag and drop here or browse files to attach" option below the response textbox.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
KimiNguyen
Beginner

Dear AndrewG_Intel

I send to you file attachment

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello KimiNguyen

Thank you very much for your response.

Based on the Intel® SSU report, we noticed the system was running the latest Intel® generic driver "27.20.100.9466". In this case, we would like to recommend the following steps to address this behavior:

A- Check the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) error message on Microsoft's website for common recommendations and steps.

B- Try loading BIOS defaults. You may want to take note of any special BIOS settings before trying this. For proper assistance, we recommend contacting your motherboard manufacturer (OEM) ASRock* Support for proper assistance and considerations before trying this.

C- Check for Windows* updates:

• Click the Windows Start button. 
  • Click the search and type "Windows updates" and click on that option.
  • Select Check for Updates and ensure you have the latest Windows* version

D- Make sure all other basic drivers/software for your motherboard are properly installed. For instance, the chipset software (.inf files). We recommend checking this with your OEM.

E- Try a Clean Installation of Intel® Graphics Driver using the customized driver provided by your OEM. Please follow these steps:

1- Download the latest ASRock* driver from this link and save the file on the computer: VGA driver ver:27.20.100.9127.

2- Disconnect from the internet to make sure the driver will not be automatically updated by Windows.

3- Right-click the Windows Start button. Select Device Manager.

4- Expand the section Display adapters and look for the Intel Graphics entry in Device Manager.

5- Right-click on Intel Graphics and click Uninstall.

6- In the device removal dialog box, check Delete the driver software for this device and click OK.

7- Restart the computer after the uninstallation is complete.

8- Open Device Manager once more.

9- Very Important: Expand the Display Adapter section again:

• If the graphics entry still displays Intel® UHD Graphics 750 or similar, repeat steps 5-7.
  • If the graphics entry displays Microsoft Basic Display Adapter, run the previously downloaded .exe file to install the driver.

10- Reboot the computer when prompted.

If the issue persists, you can repeat the process using the latest Intel® generic driver (.exe file) from this link: 

Driver for Intel® UHD Graphics 750 Version: 27.20.100.9466 (Latest).

F- If the behavior persists, test by disabling Windows and the Display going to Sleep Mode.

You may also test by changing the Advance Power Settings:

1. Navigate to Control Panel, Hardware and Sound and Power Options.
  2. Select "Change power settings" next to the active power plan.
  3. Select "Change advanced power settings" text link.
  4. Select "Change settings that are currently unavailable".
  5. Find "Intel Graphics Settings" and set it to Maximum performance.

G- Also, please run the Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool to verify that both the processor and the GPU (Graphics Processing Unite) are fine. To save the report, once the test is done, click on "File >> View Results File" and attach the .txt file to your reply.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello KimiNguyen

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you were able to review our previous post. If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us back.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
KimiNguyen
Beginner

Dear AndrewG_Intel,

Thank you for your information. I did everything as you mentioned but nothing change, can't install driver of UHD750.

Kimi

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello KimiNguyen

Thank you for your response.

Could you please elaborate more and provide more details when you say "can't install driver of UHD750"? For instance, do you mean the issue and error message persists after testing with the drivers and clean install steps? Or do you mean you are not able to install the ASRock* OEM driver?

Also, were you able to run the Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool? What was the result? Did it pass? Feel free to share the report of the tool and a new Intel® SSU file.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello KimiNguyen

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you were able to review our previous post. If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us back.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
KimiNguyen
Beginner

Dear AndrewG_Intel,

I am thank you for your kindness but I am very disappointed with this error, now I am searching to buy GPU for using.

Thanks

Kimi

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello KimiNguyen

Thank you for your response and we understand your point and we apologize for the inconvenience.

As an additional suggestion and considering you have already tested with OEM and Intel® generic drivers, and Windows® clean installs, we recommend also checking this further with your OEM ASRock* Support for additional assistance.

For any other inquiries, please don't hesitate to contact us back. We have also additional channels of support available (chat and phone). Here is the "Contact us link". Please make sure to select your country or region, to contact us within your local business Support hours, and to make reference to this thread.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello KimiNguyen

We have not heard back from you so we will proceed to close this thread now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. It has been a pleasure to assist you.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
Dreamliner
Beginner

Should anyone see this in the future, I finally figured this out. I ended up having this EXACT SAME ISSUE.

Long story short, it was the Z590 iGPU misbehaving with my MONITOR (Same Dell P2715Q monitor as OP)!

I have two monitors (Dell P2715Q Revision A03). Using dual monitors with the Z590 iGPU means I need to use HDMI for one of them. Well...APPARENTLY Z590/11th Gen iGPU (maybe other gen too) is INCOMPATIBLE with my MONTIOR. On a whim, I used another HDMI monitor I had and had ZERO issues. At first I thought it was the HDMI cable so I swapped that but the problem persisted.

Z590 iGPU connected with HDMI to P2715Q, unstable and will hang 10+ minutes in to "restarting" with the blue screen (Same as OP).
Z590 iGPU connected with HDMI to a different monitor, works perfect.
Z590 iGPU connected with DisplayPort to P2715Q, works perfect.
If using a discrete GPU there is no problem.

I tried this on BOTH of my P2715Q monitors so it's not the one specific monitor.

The Microsoft Basic Display Adapter drivers work fine, it is only when the Intel Graphics Drivers are installed to the problems begin. This is true regardless if the Intel drivers come from Microsoft via Windows Update, the motherboard manufacturer or direct from Intel themselves, all broken.

This is a really CRAZY culprit but I'm glad I finally found it. At least I know my hardware isn't broken (just Intel's drivers). After searching for "Z590"+"P2715Q"+"HDMI" I found someone else having the exact same problem, with no solution of course (this thread).

The last little quibble: When the P2715Q is off or asleep when ONLY DisplayPort is connected (and no HDMI), the PC will beep with VGA error (no error if connected with HDMI). If the monitor is on when the PC is turned on, works perfect. I've heard this VGA error can be fixed by disabling fast boot, it does not.

Good news is that with a discrete GPU installed, none of this matters.  Hopefully Intel fixes their drivers!

0 Kudos