Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20622 Discussions

Error while installing drivers. Win 10 Intel HD 530

burnsi
Novice

Hi i am having issues intalling graphics driver on a Win 10 system. Running an I5 6600 wit HD 530 Graphics card.

History:

A friend of mine approached me yesterday about his PC behaving strange(Everything looking clunky and big). After a short inspection i discovered the Graphics driver to be damaged. The Error message was "An error occured. The driver needs to be reinstalled". I´ve tried by removing the device restarting and trying an older driver (I think 24.... something) and the most up to date driver with the auto install tool from Intel. But both failed, also the Windows path via "Update Drivers". Everything is failing with the error "The system couldn´t find the file (translated from German)". My friend stated that there was probably an update made during the night as it had rebooted. This system has run over years all day without an issue. In windows update i found an Update regarding .Net Framework. In the drivers section there were multiple drivers missing. Mostly drivers regarding the chipset. I removed the Update and installed all of those drivers succesfully. But the Graphics driver does not appear in Windows Update.

The respective entry from the log files of the installer:

2022/04/22 13:12:32.767|INFO|All operation conditions are satisfied. Running operation. ||
2022/04/22 13:12:32.780|INFO|Installing "C:\ProgramData\Package Cache\C4B644046B586610A7EB0C502D7B55671624ABEF\Graphics\iigd_dch.inf". ||
2022/04/22 13:13:27.263|ERROR|System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (2): Das System kann die angegebene Datei nicht finden. ||
2022/04/22 13:13:27.303|ERROR|Problems with installation of "C:\ProgramData\Package Cache\C4B644046B586610A7EB0C502D7B55671624ABEF\Graphics\iigd_dch.inf". ||
2022/04/22 13:13:27.303|ERROR|Something went wrong during driver installation. Details: Das System kann die angegebene Datei nicht finden.. ||
2022/04/22 13:13:27.303|ERROR|Aborting operation. (last operation fatal failed) ||

I attached the complete driverinstaller log.txt

Whats odd: the file is there i´ve checked that path and the file is there. I also tried to copy everything from that directory and installing the driver manually by pointing windows to that directory but i get the same error.

Could somebody assist me with this error?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello @burnsi

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

In order to review this further, please provide us with the following information:

1- In Windows* Device Manager under "Display Adapters" do you see the entry for Intel® HD Graphics 530? Does the device have an exclamation mark error (yellow bang) or an error code? Could you please share some screenshots?

2- Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system:

• Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer
  • Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".
  • To save your scan, click Next and click Save.
  • Once you have saved the file (.txt file), please attach it to your reply.

To upload and attach a file, use the "Drag and drop here or browse files to attach" option below the response textbox.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
burnsi
Novice

Thank you for your help.

I have attached the desired information.

The error Screenshot is after trying to install the driver via the DeviceManager.

The translated error message is:

Windows has found the driver for the device but an error occured during installation.

The system cannot find the specified file.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello burnsi

Thank you for your response and for the information.

Checking the screenshots, it seems that no recent Intel® driver is installed on the system and the Graphics Controller (GPU) is being detected just as a general device under "Other devices" >> "Video Controller (VGA Compatible)".

Also, based on the Intel® SSU report, we can see a reference to a very old driver version "21.20.16.5174". This driver version is usually for legacy Graphics Controllers and/or for old Windows operating systems (OS) like Windows7/8.1 or previous versions of Windows* 10.

Do you know if there was an upgrade on this computer (either an OS upgrade or CPU upgrade) without doing a "fresh/clean Windows® OS installation" that may relate to the point when the issue first occurred?

In the meantime, we recommend installing the Intel® Graphics – Windows* DCH Driver Version 30.0.101.1660. You just need to download the file igfx_win_101.1660.exe, run the .exe installer, and follow the installation instructions on the screen (on the Installer Wizard).

This driver is the latest version available and supported for the Intel® Core™ i5-6600 Processor (6th Gen) and the latest Windows 10 versions (like "21H2").

If you need more help, please refer to the step-by-step example and instructions in this article How to Install an Intel® Graphics Driver in Windows® 10 & Windows 11* under the section "Method 2: Manually install the driver from the Intel Download Center".

Please let us know the outcome of the steps.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello burnsi

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you need further assistance. Please do not hesitate to contact us back if you have additional inquiries.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello burnsi

We have not heard back from you so we will proceed to close this thread now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos