Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20620 Discussions

Far Cry 6

Naveen_Ak
Novice

I bought Far Cry 6 yesterday hoping it would run on Intel Iris Xe Graphics with updated drivers(30.0.100.9955). But it didn't work as expected, the game is running until the intro, when I click on "New Game" it crashes to desktop.

Kindly take a look at this issue, Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Naveen_Ak, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this matter, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

What is the model of the motherboard?

If this is a laptop, what is the model of it?

Is this a new computer?

Even though you purchased the game yesterday, did Far Cry 6 ever work fine on this machine?

When did the issue start?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes that might cause this issue?

Which Windows* version are you using?

Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment?

Please attach the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Naveen_Ak
Novice

Thank you for your reply @Alberto_R_Intel I'm not sure, whether this issue is from Intel Graphic Drivers or from the Ubisoft Far Cry 6 Patch Update, which seems to be having issues after 26/10/2021 update. Will let you know once Ubisoft support team responses to the issue.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Naveen A.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Naveen_Ak, You are very welcome, thank you very much for sharing those updates.

Perfect, no problem at all, let's wait for Ubisoft's response. Hopefully, they are now aware of this scenario and they might have the fix for it. The thread will remain open for as long as you need it and if necessary we will gladly further assist you.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello Naveen_Ak, I just wanted to check if there are any updates from Ubisoft yet?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Naveen_Ak
Novice

No, still waiting for patch from Ubisoft for the fix. Not much from their forum as well. Thank you for keeping this running by the way. Appreciate it.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Naveen_Ak, You are very welcome, thank you very much for your response.

Sure, no problem, we will wait for updates from Ubisoft in reference to their patch and hopefully the fix of this problem. Any updates please let us know.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hi Naveen_Ak, Any updates from Ubisoft?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Naveen_Ak
Novice

Ya I've given my specification to them and they replied saying "We do not support Integrated Graphics". Quite a disappointment. I felt confident on Intel Iris Graphics, at least in low setting I may able to play. I'm sure it is still Ubisoft's fault because other players reporting issues even now that they can't play the game. 

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Naveen_Ak, Thank you very much for sharing those updates.

"Ya I've given my specification to them and they replied saying "We do not support Integrated Graphics". Quite a disappointment.", we are sorry to hear that.

"at least in low setting I may able to play", yes that is correct, that is a very good workaround.

" I'm sure it is still Ubisoft's fault because other players reporting issues even now that they can't play the game.", in that case, from our side, what we recommend will be to do as you did, to get in contact directly with them to report this scenario, to verify if they can replicate the issue and if they will have a possible fix or solution in the future in order for you to be able to properly play the game.

Any other inquiries, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos