Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20947 Discussions

(GPU) Intel UHD Graphics

Szybko
Beginner

I have an HP ENVY 17-ce1xxx laptop with Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10510U Processor CPU @ 1.80GHz, 2304 Mhz, 4 main processors, 8 logical processors.
I had to reinstall Windows 10 and now I can't get a resolution higher than 1980 x 1080 for a 27" monitor with Intel(R) UHD Graphics. I've installed the latest available drivers and Intel Graphics Command Center, but I can't get the resolution of 2112 x 1188 for the same monitor that I had before reinstalling Windows Can someone help me?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello @Szybko

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities.   

I am sorry to hear that you still have problems changing the resolution, and I’ll be more than happy to help you.

Please make sure the latest driver is installed: Intel® 7th-10th Gen Processor Graphics - Windows*

Then, download and install the Intel® Graphics Command Center (Beta) and go to Display > General > Scale > Custom. There you can create your own profile.

Best regards,

Jose B.

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
OTS
New Contributor I

Has the internal display of your laptop a native resolution of 1920x1080 pixels and your external 27 inch display a native resolution of 2112x1188 pixels?

Does Windows recommend the native resolution of your internal display for your external display, even though your external display has a different native resolution? By "recommending" I mean that you see something like "1920x1080 (recommended)" in the resolution list.

display-resolution

One more question to check a possible other problem: Does lowering the refresh rate of your laptop screen or your external screen,  and then restarting your laptop effect the resolution list for your external screen?

0 Kudos
Szybko
Beginner

Hello

The 27-inch monitor is a 27-inch Samsung SyncMaster P2770 and the native resolution is 1920 x 1080.

However, the old Intel Graphics Control Panel interface allowed me to set custom resolutions, letting me set 2112x1188 for the external monitor (despite having a native resolution of 1920x1080). The new interface doesn't allow me custom resolutions.

0 Kudos
OTS
New Contributor I

Oh, I see. That clarifies the situation quite a bit.

Could you be a bit more specific on what prevents you from setting custom resolutions, please?

• Has the functionality to add custom resolutions disappeared completely?
  • Is the functionality still available, but doesn't allow to add custom resolutions beyond 1920 x 1080?
  • Is the functionality still available, but are parts of it greyed out or something?
0 Kudos
Szybko
Beginner

Ok:

- In Windows display settings I have no options to increase the resolution beyond 1920 x 1080. The 27 inch monitor is number 2.

Szybko_0-1692807039069.png

In the Intel Graphics Command Center I have no option to modify the resolution, only the scale.

Szybko_1-1692807070979.png

The previous version of the Intel Graphics Command Center did allow customizing the resolution, but it is not available.

0 Kudos
OTS
New Contributor I

I see.

Yes, Windows won't list 2112 x 1188 until it was added as a custom resolution.

It is pretty clear now, what the problem is and what needs to be done to solve it. Unfortunately I have never used Intel's control panel. So I have no idea where the functionality to add custom resolutions has been moved to.

Could someone else take over and give a hint where the option has been moved to in the new version, please?

If there is no more user interface then it might be, that it is still possible to add custom resolutions manually by adding some registry entries. At least this is how I implemented it with my driver: The end user has a help file with instructions and then has to add the custom resolutions manually by adding registry entries. An user interface just writes the registry entries for the user. So maybe this is how the driver author from Intel implemented it, too.

0 Kudos
Szybko
Beginner

Thank you, I hope someone can help me because I have no idea how to proceed.

0 Kudos
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello @Szybko

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities.   

I am sorry to hear that you still have problems changing the resolution, and I’ll be more than happy to help you.

Please make sure the latest driver is installed: Intel® 7th-10th Gen Processor Graphics - Windows*

Then, download and install the Intel® Graphics Command Center (Beta) and go to Display > General > Scale > Custom. There you can create your own profile.

Best regards,

Jose B.

0 Kudos
Szybko
Beginner

Thanks Jose, I'll reply back when I make the changes.
Greetings
Juan

0 Kudos
Szybko
Beginner

Dear Jose, I have managed to create my preferred profiles to work with the Intel® Graphics Command Center (Beta), for which I am very grateful.

Best regards

Juan

0 Kudos
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello Szybko

We're glad to know the information helped. Hopefully, it will help other community members. Since the thread is now solved, we will close it. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.    

Best regards,

Jose B.

0 Kudos