Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20621 Discussions

Games and apps lagging after updating intel graphics driver

ChaitanyaJha
Beginner

Hi Intel,

My games and apps started lagging after I updated my Intel UHD G1 graphics driver to 30.0.100.9684 from 27.20.100.9466 my Laptop's specs 
Dell Vostro 14 3491
8gb ram
Intel UHD G1
i3-1005G1(10th gen)
1TB HHD
I know that my laptop is not much powerful ya but still I get 120fps in Fortnite and 45-60fps in GTA V. 
The main reason of posting this post:
After I updated my graphics driver then I launched Fortnite after that it was stuck at 1fps in the logging screen and apps such as chrome and other browsers started lagging dammm........badly 

and then I contacted Dell they told to downgrade the graphics driver to 27.20.100.9466 as they told I did that but then Fortnite and gta 5 were having a constant fps in the loading screen after that (first fortnite) when I tried to play a match in Fortnite in the connecting screen it got crashed and in GTA V when I clicked on story mode it loaded little and then crashed.
PLz help me 
Thank you in advance

0 Kudos
3 Replies
David_G_Intel

Hello ChaitanyaJha

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. Please share more information with us:

• Does this happen with other games / applications?
  • Did you use the latest Dell driver?
  • When you went back to .9466, did you do a clean install?
  • Do you see the same problems with other driver versions?
  • Please share with us the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) results 

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

ChaitanyaJha
Beginner

@David_G_Intel  Thank you for replying but my issue was resolve by downloading OME graphics driver from dell anyways thank you very much.

David_G_Intel

We are glad to know you found a solution, thank you for taking the time to share this fix, and hopefully, it may help other community members experiencing similar behavior. Since the thread is now solved, we will proceed to close it. 

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. Thank you for your understanding.  

Best regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos