Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20622 Discussions

Graphics Card Won't Recognize a Program as a Game.

AMcNe1
Beginner

I have the Intel HD 4000 and my os is Windows 8 64 bit. A game that I commonly play recently came out with a new launcher. With that new launcher I get lag. In scenarios where every thing is the same (same save, same version) but the launcher is different, I get around 100 fps with the old launcher, and 20 fps with the new launcher. I think that this is due the the graphics card as not recognizing the program as a game. Help would be much appreciated.

0 Kudos
69 Replies
MCube
Beginner

I've got the same problem as Zenander. I accidently used the fix even if the Intel Hd graphics 3000 wasn't in the list.

No 3d object is rendering now. How can I remove the fix ?
0 Kudos
ARisn
Beginner

MandelCube, open the registry with regedit (hold the Windows key and press 'R', then type regedit), then remove the two registry entries that the fix inserted: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Intel\Display\CUICOM\OpenGL and HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Intel\DISPLAY\CUICOM\OpenGL

0 Kudos
MCube
Beginner

Thank you Zenander 🙂 Now I see the world again.

There will ever be some temporary fix for the 3000 model or shall we wait for the driver update ?
0 Kudos
KMaat
Beginner

Hello,

Tried this fix, but didn't work for me either.

Getting 60/80 , sometimes 90 fps in Minecraft 1.5.2 (Normal Launcher)

Getting 8 / 10 fps in Minecraft 1.6.2 ( The new launcher )

What do i need to do?

0 Kudos
MDian1
Beginner

Could everyone for whom it doesn't fix it, provide INTEL with your specs (which INTEL exactly, maybe also the laptop manufacturer + exact model or so) ?

And the info, if you ALSO updated the DRIVERS, too ?

0 Kudos
KMaat
Beginner

Cpu Processor: i5 / 3230 M 2.60 GHZ

Graphic card : Intel HD 4000

Computer: Laptop ASUS K55A

EDIT: Also , in the ASUS website, i couldn-t find a updated driver for the graphic card.

Message was edited by: Kevin Maatman

0 Kudos
MDian1
Beginner

@Kevin_Maatman: Did you crosscheck at INTEL's Driver Download Page, if their Driver is more up to date than from your manufacturers ?

Some people say that the manufacturer of the GPU has often more new Drivers than the manufacturer of the laptop itself.

0 Kudos
KMaat
Beginner

When i click at Intel HD 4000 , to search updates in the Intel page i get a

Error, not found message, so i can-'t check if there is a better version of not...

0 Kudos
MDian1
Beginner

Yep, I just tried it out for several Windows 7 versions and also Windows 8, I also get:

Page Not Found

We are sorry, there is no Intel.com page matching your request. The page may have been renamed, moved or is no longer available. Please verify the address you typed is spelled correctly. If you are certain that this URL is valid, please send us http://www.intel.com/feedback.htm feedback about the broken link.

If you are searching for a download:

If the Download Center site is unavailable, it may be down for maintenance. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

0 Kudos
MDian1
Beginner

@ Kevin: Did you try out their automatic Drivers detection ?

http://www.intel.com/support/detect.htm?iid=dc_iduu Intel® Driver Update Utility

I just tried it out and it worked for me.

0 Kudos
KMaat
Beginner
0 Kudos
MDian1
Beginner

Ah I see, I do have a HP Probook 4730s, but that message didn't show up for me.

I have an INTEL HD 3000 (+ an additional dedicated GPU from another manufacturer), and I could download a newer Driver. It didn't give me that info.

I'd recommend you to wait until someone from INTEL gets back to you, as I don't know what to do in your case.

Did you restart the Launcher, or, better, your whole computer, after applying the temporary fix ?

0 Kudos
KMaat
Beginner

Yes,

I restarted the launcher, not the computer...

0 Kudos
MDian1
Beginner

Well, just in case, restart the whole computer..?

Grum from the Mojang Devteam wrote this here:

"I'm quite sure the two users actually failed to apply the registry changes, or failed to restart the game after. (or perhaps it even takes a full reset)."

- Can never harm to make a full computer restart.

Try that ?

0 Kudos
KMaat
Beginner

Many thanks.

Its solved now, getting 40/50 fps stable now.

Appreciate this work a lot.

0 Kudos
KMaat
Beginner

Jesus...

More problems look.

http://gyazo.com/beb9f90d69c7aa20c41c4e3c67076bfc beb9f90d69c7aa20c41c4e3c67076bfc.png

0 Kudos
MDian1
Beginner

How many GB RAM do you have ?

0 Kudos
KMaat
Beginner

It's sorted now.

Wrong java installed, sorry and thanks again

0 Kudos
MDian1
Beginner

No worries.

But in case you have enough RAM:

You can assign around at maximum 60% (my recommendation - maybe at max 50%, to be sure no problems occur) of it to the New Minecraft Launcher - if you have a 64bit-Windows.

In my case, I have 8GB RAM, and Windows "eats" already around 2.5 GB RAM, I assigned 4GB RAM to Minecraft via the Launcher itself. That way I can make sure my computer won't crash, because I have some more RAM free for other opened programs (e.g. Skype, Browser, Audio program, etc. etc.).

Start your Task Manager and see how many RAM Windows uses up already when you don't have any programs open, find out your exact RAM size, and then do the Maths }=)

Regards,

Meri

Message was edited by: Meri Diana 50% RAM recommendation, changed

0 Kudos
EBroe
Beginner

Please stop using Intel's work around registry fix. The latest Minecraft Launcher (1.1.3) tricks the drivers it is the old launcher until Intel can fix their hackery.

It should work as before using those.

If it doesn't please let us know at: https://mojang.atlassian.net/browse/MCL-767 [MCL-767] Running game in a separate process causes massive FPS drop on Intel GPU&# 39;s - Mojira

0 Kudos
JWebb3
Beginner

How exactly do we "undo" the registry fix?

0 Kudos