Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20626 Discussions

Graphics Card Won't Recognize a Program as a Game.

AMcNe1
Beginner

I have the Intel HD 4000 and my os is Windows 8 64 bit. A game that I commonly play recently came out with a new launcher. With that new launcher I get lag. In scenarios where every thing is the same (same save, same version) but the launcher is different, I get around 100 fps with the old launcher, and 20 fps with the new launcher. I think that this is due the the graphics card as not recognizing the program as a game. Help would be much appreciated.

0 Kudos
69 Replies
MDian1
Beginner

/message/201309# 201309 http://communities.intel.com/message/201309# 201309

Like he described there.

if you don't know how to do it, and although I don't need it for my own system, I'll add a Video asap on YT and show how to remove it again.

Regards,

Meri

0 Kudos
MDian1
Beginner

Hello I sent you a private message with a YT video linked in there in how to remove the INTEL Lagfix again.

Tell me if you understood it.

Kind regards,

Meri

0 Kudos
ERorr
Beginner

I'm happy to report the 1.1.3 launcher has worked for me. I got 18 FPS with it alone, then after installing Optifine 1.6.2_HD_B4 my Minecraft FPS is now 25-30.

0 Kudos
ZKvic2
Beginner

Hello.

This probably isn't needed, but I just want to double check with those that have issues:

Make sure that you install the latest driver, restart the computer, install the .reg file, restart the computer, then try the game in that order.

Good luck!

0 Kudos
MDian1
Beginner

Zach, Grum - Developer from Mojang - has said here /message/201370# 201370 http://communities.intel.com/message/201370# 201370 that people shall STOP USING THE INTEL LAGFIX.

He as made a temporary Hackfix inside the New Launcher, Version 1.1.3, so that this Launcher basically behaves like the Old Launcher.

I told my people to remove the INTEL Lagfix again and to run solely the Launcher without the Lagfix, and everyone is confirming me to run at least 30-100 FPS, even on Far with Fancy without any problem.

This kind of hackfixed Launcher will remain as long as INTEL hasn`t updated their Drivers.

As soon as they released them, the Launcher will be reverted back to the old state (without this temporary Hackfix), so people will have to download the latest INTEL Driver then to not start lagging again.

Regards, Meri

0 Kudos
NICHOLAS_F_Intel
Employee

Hi everyone,

The reg work-around has been removed from our website as it is no longer needed as Mojang has updated their launcher to correct the issue. Special thanks to Eric Broes at Mojang and Intel folks for working the weekend to make this happen.

For those on HD 3000/2000 systems that have attempted to use the .REG work-around, making it so that you can no longer play, I have attached .REG file to undo the changes made by the work-around - that file was originally intended for use on HD 4000/2500 systems.

If there are any further questions on this, feel free to ask.

Thank you,

-Nic

0 Kudos
MDian1
Beginner

Dear Nic, dear INTEL,

is it already known about when the new Drivers with the "Minecraft-fix" will be released ?

I would be really thankful if you would be so kind to inform us here inside this thread as soon as you release them, so we can spread this information to the Minecraft Community.

As for as I understood the statements inside the thread at Mojang's Bugtracker Mojira, Mister Erik Broes (aka "Grum", Developer of Minecraft) made some suggestions regarding how to fix this issue "forever", but sadly we don't have any update whether or not INTEL has come back to him regarding that, and if the fix will be done in a way preventing the same thing to happen again in the future.

Any statement on this subject would be really highly appreciated.

Thank you very much in advance,

kind regards,

Meri

0 Kudos