Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20589 Discussions

Graphics card comparison UHD 630 for I7 gene9 and Processeur Intel® Core™ i9-10885H de 10e génératio

Syl1
Beginner

Hi,

Everything is in the Subject.

Fo the last one what means "Graphiques UHD Intel® pour processeurs Intel® Core" and what is the card so? is it better than the 630?

I have no clue how to compare both. I need to learn and precision about it, because my actual computer don't work good on vidéo. ( UHD 630, 60 Hz) I have a dell XPS15 i7 gene9

Plus why this limitation at 60HZ? it's really limited.

Sincerely

Syl

0 Kudos
13 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Syl1,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.  

I would like to let you know that we (Intel) cannot tell you what you need to buy since this depends on your needs and budget. My recommendation would be to check reviews for the processors/graphics/laptops that you are interested in and check which one adjusts better to what you need or get in contact with the laptop manufacturer for more specifications.

As per the "Intel® UHD Graphics for 10th Gen Intel® Processors" is just the name of the processor graphics unit as for the i7 9th gen is "Intel® UHD Graphics 630"

In addition, you can use the "Add to compare" option on our website (ark.intel.com) to check our units. You can use the following link

- https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/series/134907/9th-generation-intel-core-i7-processors.html#@nofilter

Select your processor by clicking on "compare" then look for the i9-10885H and click the same option. After that, select the blue tab to get all the details.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos
Syl1
Beginner
Hi Deivid A. 

Thank you for you reply.

How would I compare something I don't understand? I don't ask you to say to me buy this one or this one.. I need you to explain to me what means things in the comparison. and I will choose after. It's like in a restaurant asking for  meals and the waiter replied to me I can't tell you what to choose depends  what you have in your wallet....???? I will choose after what I prefer. I need to know the power between both, etc.. for now I don't know what to choose. as for the manufacturer? the one I asked for, never replied to me, I think they don't know a lot of things. That's why I am here asking to understand.

The difference between both graphics versus processor. what I can do with 630 i7,9th, i can't do with Intel® UHD Graphics for 10th Gen Intel® Processors, I9 and vice versa.

I checked the comparison before posting here but I don't understand

what means this lack with the i9 of :

Intel® InTru™ 3D Technology
Intel® Clear Video HD Technology
Intel® Clear Video Technology
Execution Units
OpenCL* Support

is it important? or is it replaced by something else?

it miss this too :

Intel® Turbo Boost Technology
Intel® My WiFi Technology

what does it mean?

And i didn't find this on another line :

Graphics Video Max Memory
Graphics Burst Frequency
Max Resolution (VGA)‡

Thanks ot explain all of this, what it means about technology and the consequence.

I checked everywhere even in you web site : please put explainations directely on your website, point per point for people like me that wish to learn.

All reviews I red are not good. I bought a laptop like that and it was awful. So now I prefer to understand myself versus asking a professional like you.

I took this two graphics/processors for laptops, because I know one of them, but not the other one. but I red too on the web that I9 is not the same than I7, and this not means that it I9 is better than I7, ( the review you asked me to read) so I am lost. Now i really need to understand myself.

what is the différence between a card UHD 630 or 730 now (I supposed it's for 11th) and what you named "Intel® UHD Graphics for 10th Gen Intel® Processors" (or 11th?), what is the difference between both? is the last one more basic than UHD 630/730 ? and I need a chipset Nvidia for exemple?

Thank you for helping me.

Sincerely
Syl
0 Kudos
Syl1
Beginner

B

Hi everybody,

Someone told me that there is no difference between both, is that right?

Sincerely

Syl

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Syl1, 

Thank you for the feedback. You mentioned that you already performed the comparison, but there were some details that you did not understand and will help you with it. To be able to help you with this I will need to provide me with the complete model of the processor (not the graphics or the generation) you already provided one of them and I will need the second one to check with you.

If possible and (besides the ones that you shared) are there other details that you did not understand or would like me to explain to you, try to provide more information and I will do my best to address your inquiry.

In addition, from the comparison tab, you may not see it, but if you open the details for a particular CPU, next to the feature or technology there is a question mark that can provide you some helpful details about it 

DeividA_Intel_0-1621375157491.png

DeividA_Intel_1-1621375164286.png

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
Syl1
Beginner

Hi Deivid A,

thank you for your reply,

I gave you the list of features which are absent with

Processeur Intel® Core™ i9-10885H de 10e génération graphics that are present in the Intel® Core™ i7-9750H processor UHD graphics 630:

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/191045/intel-core-i7-9750h-processor-12m-cache-up-to-4-50-ghz.html

versus

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/fr/fr/ark/products/203682/intel-core-i9-10885h-processor-16m-cache-up-to-5-30-ghz.html

as the I9 seems better I don't understand why

Execution Units
OpenCL* Support

plus

Graphics Video Max Memory
Graphics Burst Frequency
Max Resolution (VGA)‡
Intel® Turbo Boost Technology
Intel® My WiFi Technology

I think graphics memory must be there normally

all this lines appears in blue as a difference between both configuration. I would like to understand.

and finally

Someone told me in fact it don't appear but all are included in intel-core-i9-10885h-processor-16m-cache-up-to-5-30-ghz.html graphics generation 10th. so why Intel don't precise it? and show it as a difference in Ark comparison? it's confusing.

Is it true all are included?

Sincerely

Syl

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Syl1,  

Were you able to check the previous post? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Syl1, 

Thank you for the information provided.

I will proceed to check the issue internally to provide you with a complete answer. I will post back soon with more details. 

I will confirm if the technologies/features not mentioned on ARK are already included in the Intel® UHD Graphics for 10th Gen Intel® Processors or if are not included at all. But if you would like the meaning of extra details, remember to click on the question mark next to the blue feature to see more details.

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Syl1, 

I would like to let you know that we are investigating about there is some information missing for the graphics option. As for the technologies, I will provide you some details about them:

1. Intel® InTru™ 3D Technology: Intel® InTru™ 3D Technology provides stereoscopic 3-D Blu-ray* playback in full 1080p resolution over HDMI* 1.4 and premium audio.

2. Intel® Clear Video HD Technology: is a suite of image decode and processing technologies built into the integrated processor graphics that improve video playback, delivering cleaner, sharper images, more natural, accurate, and vivid colors, and a clear and stable video picture. (improve the graphics/image on the monitor). Intel® Clear Video HD Technology adds video quality enhancements for richer color and more realistic skin tones.

3. OpenGL* Support: OpenGL (Open Graphics Library) is a cross-language, multi-platform API (Application Programming Interface) for rendering 2D and 3D vector graphics. (must apps and games need a specific version to be compatible, but may not even able to change it).

4. Intel® Turbo Boost Technology: you will find more details in the following link"

- https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/turbo-boost/turbo-boost-technology.html

- https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000030893/processors.html

- https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000007359/processors/intel-core-processors.html

5. Intel® My WiFi Technology: Intel® My WiFi Technology enables wireless connection of an UltrabookTM or laptop to WiFi-enabled devices such as printers, stereos, etc. (with some laptop you can connect to devices via Wi-Fi instead of Bluetooth)

I hope the previous information was helpful, however, bear in mind that these technologies/features may be limited by the laptop manufacturer. They can decide if the laptop supports it or not by adding, blocking, deleting features.

Best regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
Syl1
Beginner

Hello Deivid A. 

Thank you so much for your reply.

Now I am waiting to know if this technilogy is missing or not on

Processeur Intel® Core™ i9-10885H de 10e génération. I need a confirmation that all is included. If it's not included what is the difference in quality and peformance.

Sincerely

Syl

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Syl1, 

I would like to let you know that we still check why the Graphics Video Max Memory does not appear. As for the rest of the technologies, those are Legacy technologies and are part of the processor/graphics, and that why does not appear.

As soon as I have any updates, I will let you know.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Syl1, 

I would like to inform you that the features are not showing up since they are now considered Legacy features and now are not actively supported. At this point, we are working to add the "Graphics Video Max memory", which is the same 9th gen i.e. 64GB

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
Syl1
Beginner

Hi Deivid A

Thank you for the anwwer. I am sure to understand whta means exactly legacy features versus actively supported. Is this means in that it's basically included  ? and actively supported as it's something in addition that works with it?

Regards,

Sylvie

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Syl1, 

I would like to let you know that the "Legacy features" are compatible and supported by the CPU graphics, bear in mind that the "Legacy features" are old technologies that are supported by the CPU graphics by default and no new features that need to be added.

That is why they are not "actively supported" because they are compatible by default and there is no need to make reference to them.

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos