Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20602 Discussions

Graphics overscan on NUC-7 PJYH

GGuth
Novice

I have a NUC-& HTPC with HDMI output to a Sony TV, resolution set at 1920x1080, and everything has been just wonderful, but just in the last ~week, I get overscan of about 10%, meaning the Windows taskbar on the bottom is only about half visible, and the icons I had around all of the borders similarly.

The device and TV seem to agree on the optimal resolution.

Not sure what happened, or what to do.

I ran the Intel Drivers and software update program, it installed new BIOS and Graphics driver, no change.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee
GGuth, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support. Just to confirm, did you run all the Windows* updates? IS NUC connected directly to the Sony TV through a straight HDMI cable? What is the model of the TV and the size of it? Sometimes depending on the TV model, you have the options to adjust the screen, did you try to adjust the TV settings and use different sizes to verify if the problem gets fixed that way? The latest BIOS version for the Intel® NUC Kit NUC7PJYH is 0047, is that one that is currently installed? https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28462/BIOS-Update-JYGLKCPX-86A-?product=126137 Also there are 2 Intel® graphics versions that we can test, the first one is 25.20.100.6444: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28437/Intel-HD-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-for-Intel-NUC?product=126137 If the problem persist then we can try Intel® graphics driver version DCH 25.20.100.6519: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28515/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10?product=126788 Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee
GGuth, I just wanted to check if the information posted previously was useful for you and if you need further assistance on this matter? Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
GGuth
Novice

Thanks for the followup - I had missed your response.

I assume I have the latest BIOS - since I used your Intel tool to update it and all drivers including Graphics.

I will check actual version numbers.

The TV is Sony Bravia 55", and as noted, it worked fine until just a week+ ago, so there was not any apparent compatibility issue(s)..

I did find a buried display setting on the Sony - "actual pixels" - which setting it seems to fix things.

Sony says it forces the display to actual input pixel counts.

But note, I had never needed to ahve this setting before, so something had changed on the NUC, most likely from Windows updates, which then on top of which your updates did not accommodate for (fix).

So - I think I fixed things by adjustment on the back-end (TV), but will also perhaps try your alternate driver.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee
GGuth, You are very welcome, no problem at all, thank you very much for letting us know those details. We are glad to hear that you were able to find a workaround to fix this issue. It is very important to make sure you have the latest updates for the BIOS and for the Intel® graphics drivers installed for the NUC to work properly. As you mentioned, most of the changes that are happening are related to Windows* automatic updates, so you can always try to test the alternate Intel® driver to verify if it works better and it if it fixes the overscan problem. Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos