Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20665 Discussions

HD 620 DirectX12, feature level 12 - Photoshop

NEOHdiver
Beginner

When I log into Photoshop, I get the messaage that my graphics card is incompatible because DirectX feature level 11 is available, but it needs feature level 12.

As near as I can tell, HD 620 can handle features level 12_1 and features level 12_0.  (From the DirectX  Diagnostic tool).  I haven't been able to find any additional information on features level, (as opposed to the DirectX version number).

Can the card handle feature level 12?  If so, what do I need to do to convince Adobe that it can handle it?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
NEOHdiver
Beginner

Solved my own problem.

I have two display chips/cards:  the HD 620 (which supports DirectX 12, feature level 12), and an NVDIA 520 (which only supports feature level 12).  Photoshop was defaulting to the NVDIA 520.  I initially tried to force Photoshop to use the HD 620, but it persisted in using the NVDIA 520.  Ultimately I was able to disable the NVDIA display device and now that is is forced to use the HD 620 it is working.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
NEOHdiver
Beginner

Solved my own problem.

I have two display chips/cards:  the HD 620 (which supports DirectX 12, feature level 12), and an NVDIA 520 (which only supports feature level 12).  Photoshop was defaulting to the NVDIA 520.  I initially tried to force Photoshop to use the HD 620, but it persisted in using the NVDIA 520.  Ultimately I was able to disable the NVDIA display device and now that is is forced to use the HD 620 it is working.

0 Kudos