Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20622 Discussions

HD 630 | Screen Does Not Turn Back After Timed Display Off

heikkonen
Beginner

Hi everyone. I have a Lenovo Y540 with Intel HD Graphics 630 switchable (or hybrid) graphics. I have two issues about my display.

First issue: Screen doesn't turn on again after it goes to timed turn off. I'm moving the mouse and pressing the keys but it does not work. Actually screen turns on without display. I have to restart the laptop with the power button every time I face this problem. And actually it doesn't happen always. Sometimes screen turns on without any problem. (I've found a makeshift for this issue. Pressing ctrl-win-shift-b. That means Intel GPU does not restart properly)

Second issue: I'm getting vertical colored lines on my screen rarely. This problem has started this week and happened 4-5 times.

I think this issues are releated with eachother. Intel GPU does not work properly. I've deleted both of GPU drivers (NVidia and Intel) with DDU and clean installed them yesterday but didn't worked for first issue. I'm not sure about the second issue is solved too. I'm uploading the images of second issue.

I've downloaded my graphics drivers from Lenovo's official website.

Expect those, screen works very well. Thanks for help in advance. Sorry for my English.

IMG_1149.jpg

Edit: Also I have this issue now. Horizontal lines on screen.

https://streamable.com/rlbj9

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

heikkonen, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In reference to this issue, according to the description that you gave us, the problem does not seem to be related to the Graphics drivers, based on the fact that the laptop works with both Intel® and Nvidia Graphics controllers and the issues persist with both Graphics controllers.

We recommend to install the graphics driver provided by the manufacturer of the computer, since that driver was customized by them work with your specific platform. In this case, the situation could be related to a hardware issue, taking under consideration, as you mentioned, that it does not happen all the time and that you already installed the Graphics drivers provided by Lenovo.

For this scenario, what we can try is to uninstall the Graphics drivers from "Device Manager", once you do that you should see that the Graphics driver installed is the Microsoft Basic driver, please test the laptop with that driver:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005598/graphics-drivers.html

When using the Microsoft Basic driver not all igpu functions work at their fullest, so if the problem remains when using it then it will indicate us if the issue is related to hardware or software, the flex of the computer might be defective, the graphics controller of the Intel® Processor might not be working properly or there could even be issues with the BIOS of the laptop as well. If that is the case, then we recommend to get in contact directly with Lenovo for them to provide further suggestions on this matter, warranty options might be needed and they will assist you with that process:

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en

Please let us know the results of testing the Microsoft Basic Driver, so we can further assist you.

Regards,

Alberto R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

heikkonen, I just wanted to check if the information posted previously was useful for you and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos
heikkonen
Beginner

Thanks for help. I've tried everything you and the Lenovo Support suggest but not worked. I I'll return it to service repair. Also I don't think this problem is caused by Intel. It's about Lenovo.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

heikkonen, You are very welcome, thank you very much for letting us know those results.

Yes, to return it to service repair will the next thing to do for this scenario.

Any other inquiry, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos