Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

HD Graphics 630 4k 60hz?

slobobl
Beginner

Hello.I have G4620 cpu and MB with HDMI out limited to 1.4.Is it possible to get a 60 Hz 4K signal over a limited HDMI 1.4 interface to my LG UHD TV?Can I set in Intel Graphic Command Center to use a YCbCr 4:2:0 sample like NVIDIA did this trick HERE?Tnx in advance

0 Kudos
8 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Well, it *is* listed as a working possibility in https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDMI, provided that you use YCbCr 4:2:0. Whether IGCC will actually let you set this configuration is a different animal. All I can say is try it and see (and let us know if it works!).

...S

0 Kudos
slobobl
Beginner
IGCC doesnt let to set up this parameters that is main problem..
0 Kudos
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello slobobl,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.  

To further assist you please provide the following information.

Please follow the steps provided in the article to generate the Report for Intel® Graphics Drivers. Please attach the report.

Additionally, Please run the following tool and attach the reports generated.   

Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) Download link 

1.       Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. 

2.      By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".   

3.       Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".   

4.       To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".   

Esteban D.

Intel Technical Support Technician

0 Kudos
RonaldM_Intel

Hi there,

HDMI 1.4 output has limited bandwidth so the max you could do is 4K@30hz.. . 

For 4K@60hz,  you'll need HDMI 2.0 output.

Best Regards,

Ronald M.

0 Kudos
slobobl
Beginner
I think 1.4 does support 4k60 when you allow 4:2:0 chroma subsampling..
0 Kudos
RonaldM_Intel

That would be interesting to see, but it seems it is not even defined as a valid mode in the HDMI 1.4 specification itself (that would also explain why I have never seen 4K@60hz possible over HDMI 1.4)

RonaldM_Intel_0-1602079167635.png

Source: https://www.hdmi.org/spec/hdmi1_4b

Regards,

0 Kudos
RonaldM_Intel

Thanks for the reference article, it is very interesting indeed. I did more digging on the topic and while it seems possible there were (at the time) some caveats including the display's own support for this mode as noted here. Obviously I can't and won't comment on 3rd party tech.

I can confirm we don't have a control in the Intel graphics driver interface to manually switch to YCbCr 4:2:0 subsampling, however this is one setting we are working to incorporate in a future Intel Graphics Command Center update. Even so, I won't be able to promise you will be able to achieve 4K @ 60hz over HDMI 1.4 as the implementation of the manual control of Color Depth, Color Space and subsampling is still a work in progress and may not be equal as the one indicated in the article you mentioned, and still be limited by other aspects such as the graphics controller capabilities, just to name one.

For now know that with Intel integrated graphics you are limited to 4K @ 30hz if the output is HDMI 1.4 standard.

Edit: I'm sorry if this wasn't the answer you were looking for, I know it is a bummer!

Best Regards,

Ronald M.