Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20815 Discussions

HD6000 3D Blu ray performance issue

JKosi
Novice

Using PowerDVD 15 I am seeing inconsistent playback of 3D blu ray. When I start a 3D movie (TV is a Vizio M801D-A3; 1080p/24Hz; frame-packing), the image may distort frequently and cause an image that appears to almost look like its viewed underwater. Depth of the image is also incorrect for seemingly random parts of the image. If I then pause the movie for a few seconds, or back up to the beginning of the chapter, the issue so far resolves itself, but sometimes it takes a few tries to do so.

This seems like a driver bug. I did not have this issue using PowerDVD 15 with Nvidia graphics on my previous build. Attached is my Intel system profile and dxdiag report if that helps. I'd appreciate any assistance.

JimK

0 Kudos
153 Replies
Bryce__Intel
Employee

Latest reports from my Developer indicate this fixed and we're working to check it into the 15.40 drivers. I'll target a Q4'16 (Oct-Dec) release, but I'll try to pull this in if possible.

0 Kudos
ADi_L
New Contributor I

This is really great news. The bulk of us were giving up hope.

Anything you can do to move this up the schedule is appreciated, even if it's a beta driver for us to confirm the fix. I fear you'll have a lot of disappointed people come Q4 if we try it out only to find it didn't fix the problem. I'm happy to be a guinea pig and try a private build that contains the change to see if it fixes the problem.

Thanks again.

ACzot
Beginner

Just registered to stay informed about this topic, same problem here. Hope it gets fixed soon as I really like my NUC 5i5.

0 Kudos
EstebanA_C_Intel
Employee

Hello, Peers:

Thank you for sharing your positive comments about this matter.

Please keep your graphics drivers up to date to get the fix as soon as it is available

Regards,

Esteban C

0 Kudos
BHora1
Novice

This would be a dream come true if this if fixed. I'm waiting anxiously as soon as a new driver update is available.

0 Kudos
ACzot
Beginner

same here, I'd even go with a beta driver if possible. Right now I have a collection of about 120 3D Blu-rays and a $500 Home Theater PC (replaced my broken Sony BD player) that isn't able to play them just because a simple feature like this isn't working as advertised. I was already planning to upgrade to one of the new Kaby Lake NUCs in 2017 but right now I'm just disappoInted, maybe investing in something bigger and Nvidia. 😞

0 Kudos
ACzot
Beginner
0 Kudos
Bryce__Intel
Employee

Hi all,

I'm showing the Dev reported this being check-in, then a few days later 4501 was released so I'm fairly sure it was included. Please give it a test and see if this resolves is for you. Appreciate it.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26228/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-and-Windows-7-8-1-15-40- Download Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows® 10 and Windows 7*/8.1* [15.40]

0 Kudos
BHora1
Novice

Hi Bryce. the driver 4501 doesn't seem to be for a NUC. Is a Driver for the Intel NUC6i5SYK going to be released that fixes this issue? If there si one...can you please link it to this thread? Thanks so much. Really crossing my fingers this issue has been actually resolved.

0 Kudos
ACzot
Beginner

I just installed it on a NUC 5i5 and it works perfectly.

0 Kudos
BHora1
Novice

I will give it a try as well then. CooperCGN just to clarify, you installed driver 4501 on your NUC...correct?

0 Kudos
ACzot
Beginner

Yes, it's running here on my NUC 5i5 and I already tested a few MKVs with MVC, Blu ray is next, when I get home again.

0 Kudos
BHora1
Novice

Thanks Cooper. I installed and just tested this on my NIC6i5SYK. PERFECTION!!!!

3D iso MVC works prefectly without breaking. Thank you for finally fixing this INTEL. I am soo happy.

0 Kudos
ADi_L
New Contributor I

Hi,

I just tried it, and it's not working for me.

I uninstalled the old driver, rebooted, then installed this one, rebooted. The same "water effect" in 3D video. I have a NUC 5i5 with Win 10 64-bit.

Is there anything special you did? Have you tried jumping around the video to see if it "loses sync"? Once in a while even the old drivers worked, but as soon as you jump around the movie it goes back to the water effect.

Maybe I have to find a way to cleanly remove the old drivers completely, in case there are remnants that are causing the issue.

0 Kudos
BHora1
Novice

I did nothing special. Just ran setup and let it install over my old stuff. I also rebooted my NUC once installation finished and had to setup again my HD audio in windows.

As for 3D; I did a LOT of jumping around. Skipping back and forth and 3d was all stable not broken "water effect" that I'm used to seeing. I am however goign to see a whole 3D movie from start to finish tonight. I will report back tomorrow on my findings. Hope it works for a whole movie without breaking. Will let you guys know tomorrow.

0 Kudos
ADi_L
New Contributor I

I've tried several different videos to no avail.

I've even tried using the display driver uninstaller to ensure the previous drivers were eradicated from my system and installed the new one again.

Are you on Win 10 Anniversary Edition? And the driver you grabbed was win64_154028.4501.exe? Also, what 3D player are you using? I'm using PowerDVD 16.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
BHora1
Novice

So I just finished watching a two and a half hour 3D movie non stop and there was no breakage in the 3D not even once. Everything was perfect!! I cannot believe this is finally fixed. Thanks again INTEL!!

tonydlo, I am on Win 10 64bit not sure if it is the anniversary edition or not. I don't think it is and probably should not make a difference. Only other things that are different are that I own a NUC6i5SYK. I also downloaded the zip file, extracted it and ran setup.exe. I didn't use the exe file you listed. Don't know if that makes a difference. Also once you have installed the drivers, restart the computer. Check in the Graphics properties that your driver version has changed to the latest one.

Hope you figure it out. I know how frustrating it must feel to not have it working.

For everyone else I can confirm that playing a full 3D movie non stop and there wasn't a single glitch or break in the 3D. I can finally call my NUC the perfect HTPC box

0 Kudos
ACzot
Beginner

My configuration is a NUC5i5RYH with Windows 10 64bit (not anniversary edition), SSD Drive, 2x4GB RAM. I downloaded the .exe file and just ran it over my system with a reboot following. Everything works perfect. I started several movies, skipped back and forth and in the end we watched Kung Fu Panda 3 in 3D from start to end as it was a special case, additionally to the water glass effect it had random artifacts showing up in 3D - all gone. I agree, finally it's the perfect HTPC box.

Player is the 3D branch of Kodi, my wife insisted on removing 1200 blu-rays from our living room and since then we decided to put everything on the NAS first so that our two kids have simple access too. If I find the time later I will download a demo version of PowerDVD, right now we still have our Oppo still installed for watching BDs.

0 Kudos
ADi_L
New Contributor I

Thanks guys for the thoughts and suggestions. I'll try to find time to play with this some more tonight.

Here's my video driver info, and I believe the driver version is correct, but it says "20.19.15.4501" instead of "15.40.28.4501". What do you guys see?

I'm going to:

• Try a different 3D player (I didn't know Kodi had a 3D branch)
  • Try upgrading BIOS and maybe other drivers (I know, a long shot)

There is currently a bug several people are encountering (including me) with the Win10 anniversary update that's preventing the latest cumulative patch from updating (and corrupting the update database). Apparently the update fixes several key problems since the anniversary release. So I'll try to get that installed.

When I've exhausted other easy options, I'll pop in another drive and install the pre-anniversary version of windows 10 and give that a shot.

One thing that PowerDVD does is always switch my projector (BenQ W1070) to 3D 24p mode (which worked fine with my Nuc gen4 i3 in the past). I don't think that's an issue, but just curious if your software or TV/projector does the same?

Thanks again, I'll report back when I have more news.

0 Kudos
Bryce__Intel
Employee

Yeah give it a shot and let us know.

BTW, 15.40...4501 is a driver package number containing both the audio and Graphics drivers within. The graphics driver itself inside this package is numbered 20.19...4501. We keep the 4501 on the package so users (and us) know the version # at a glance. Hope this helps clarify and doesn't further confuse.

0 Kudos
PPoul4
Beginner

I have also tried the new Graphics Package on my Intel Nuc5i5RYH and the 3D Picture is much better. But the 3D playback has visible choppiness (or stuttering) that is most visible on scenes that have smooth panning and tracking... those scenes clearly show 3D video picture stuttering not seen on 2D versions of the same movie. The current graphic driver is a marked improvement from the older one but seems to still need fine tuning.

0 Kudos