Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20728 Discussions

HD6000 3D Blu ray performance issue

JKosi
Novice

Using PowerDVD 15 I am seeing inconsistent playback of 3D blu ray. When I start a 3D movie (TV is a Vizio M801D-A3; 1080p/24Hz; frame-packing), the image may distort frequently and cause an image that appears to almost look like its viewed underwater. Depth of the image is also incorrect for seemingly random parts of the image. If I then pause the movie for a few seconds, or back up to the beginning of the chapter, the issue so far resolves itself, but sometimes it takes a few tries to do so.

This seems like a driver bug. I did not have this issue using PowerDVD 15 with Nvidia graphics on my previous build. Attached is my Intel system profile and dxdiag report if that helps. I'd appreciate any assistance.

JimK

0 Kudos
153 Replies
JKosi
Novice

You're welcome to do it YOURSELF. If you haven't noticed, watching a 3D blu ray WITHOUT glasses is an absolute MESS anyhow. That's exactly why Intel needs to SEE THIS FOR THEMSELVES. Maybe you should too before bitching about someone elses attempt to help others. I've been battling with Intel for almost a year doing everything I can to try and help. This is the last bit of info I am contributing. Good luck to the rest of you.

0 Kudos
BDavi8
Beginner

and that is what I was referring to... but hey, no worries...

0 Kudos
BHora1
Novice

@sclaws. There will always be a few ungrateful people. Please ignore them. There are a LOT of us who appreciate the help you provided and time taken to make the video. I hope you will continue to contribute and help us all solve this issue. With this one last big issue resolved (if it ever does), the NUC would be the perfect HTPC. It is clear from the video what the issue is and it is very systematically broken down. Thanks again and I know a lot of us appreciate your contribution.

0 Kudos
BHora1
Novice

@Intel. Please resolve this issue soon. I mean you are blatantly providing false advertising to all consumers when you say your graphics card is capable of 3D Playback. It would be understandable if this was an issue for a few months and then got eventually resolved. But this 3D issue has been there for years. Not only on the NUC's but any Intel computer using the 3D supported drivers.

It would be a very sad sate of affairs if this still doesn't get resolved. I know I keep hearing from Intel folks that they are aware of the problem and have no ETA yet. But I truly hope you care enough about us, the consumers. It would be deeply depressing if in 10 years from now this very same excuse can be used. "We are aware of the issue but have no ETA at the moment". I pray that won't happen and I'm still holding out hope that this gets resolved in 2016.

0 Kudos
JKosi
Novice

I apologize briand095 for going off..it was inappropriate and misdirected frustration. This is a difficult issue to explain and even more difficult to show when the techs at Intel have given no indication that they've even viewed the problem in a proper 3D environment. A 2D image does not come close to adequately portraying the depth (literally) of the issue.

0 Kudos
HAtki
Beginner

Another user here with the same issues, new HTPC build using an I7 6700, Z170 chipset, 2 displays in extended mode (Dell2413(for desktop/web use etc..) - LG 65" OLED (for movies).

Exactly as reported - on a passive 3D display, like left/right is messed up, flicker on camera changes like a transparent cover flashes across the screen, 3D objects are in front instead of behind, I also have lip sync issues with 3D and apparent in 2D movies, I also use PDVD15 Ultra updated to the latest patch.

I use win 8.1 with emby WMC integration and PDVD 15 as the external player for bluray's.

I might add that the issue also seems related to the Intel graphic driver control panel setting for scaling - under display settings and can get 3D to work somewhat intermittently (although any change to playback, like pause/FF or rewind, immediately breaks 3d and the issue returns), sometimes clicking back or forward on the powerdvd timeline bar can regain/lock sync and 3D works correctly.

Sometimes if I loose exclusive audio mode - reported by powerdvd at the movie start options screen, 3D works but no HD audio.

If I leave the intel graphics control panel open on my Dell monitor, showing the scaling settings for my 3D extended display (LG), when I stop a 3D movie and the display re-syncs from 3D mode back to 2D mode, I can see the scaling setting change from "maintain display scaling" to "maintain aspect ratio" on it's own, if I try and restart the 3d movie, the display re-syncs to 3D mode but the movie is totally broken again, if I change the setting back to "maintain display scaling" and then try 3D playback it seems to just work (sometime a reboot is required), unless as said playback is interrupted, sync is lost, so to add the scaling setting is not sticking.

Even this is somewhat buggy and sometimes does not work at all, rarely I can get some watchable 3D playback - although short lived, I also think the audio speed fluctuates as it seems to go in and out of lip sync.

Guys, try - before playing a 3D movie, go into intel display settings and select the 3D display, under scaling select "maintain display scaling" and then load up your player and 3D movie and report if it temp fixes it at all but you may have to reboot/try a few times as above it's buggy.

I hope the above has helped and I've tried to describe everything in detail to assist.

I basically have a broken HTPC that is currently an expensive desktop PC

Please help Intel!

0 Kudos
BHora1
Novice

Thanks for this input and info Hitman. I too hope Intel reads this and is working on a fix for all of us. Interesting note about the display scaling glitch. I hope this helps Intel try and figure out what is causing this and maybe finally a fix for 3D issues? One can pray and hope.

Please Intel help us out!!

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi bhoran,

We are still following your case.

Regards,

Mike C
0 Kudos
BHora1
Novice

Hey MikeC,

I really hope that the engineers are working on a fix for this in the next driver release. Do you have any news on what is happening with this issue and if the engineers are actively fixing this? Any updates for when me might see a driver fix for this specific issue would be most helpful.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
arapa1
Beginner

Hi everyone,

I'm the new owner of a NUC6i5SYH with Iris 540.

Sadly, I'm experiencing the same bug when watching a 3D movie with powerDVD on my 3D TV.

Everything is last version (Win 10, GFX driver...)

Hope Intel will correct soon as this is an HTPC used to watch films...

Thanks

0 Kudos
EstebanA_C_Intel
Employee

Hello, All:

Let me provide you with an update about this, right now, this is been reviewed by the department in charge.

As soon as we get an answer, I would be providing you with it, currently, there is no ETA.

Regards,

Esteban C

0 Kudos
BHora1
Novice

Thank you Esteban, I look forward to hopefully hearing of a solution in a future driver update.

0 Kudos
EstebanA_C_Intel
Employee

Hello:

Sure no problem, I will keep you all posted.

Regards,

Esteban C

0 Kudos
Bryce__Intel
Employee

As best as I can tell, this thread and are the same. Can anyone contest to this? I'm looking to combine them so we don't waste resources and combine efforts on just the one, unless I'm missing something.

0 Kudos
BHora1
Novice

I think they are all the same issue and can be combined.

arapa1
Beginner

Hi All,

Any news for a correction from Intel ?

0 Kudos
Bryce__Intel
Employee

I escalated this issue internally, currently I'm getting resources assigned. I'll follow up with any updates as they come.

RCris3
Novice

I'm also one of the original posters of this issue and thought I'd chime back in here. This has been going on for 18 months now - at least. It's never going to get fixed. I've moved on from 3d, and the only reason I even thought of this post was I was cleaning out old emails.

I sincerely wish you all luck in this being resolved, but for me the frustration and hassle isn't worth it anymore. By the time this is fixed - if it's fixed - everything will be about 4k and VR like it sort of already is. Sigh.

Regards,

Randy

0 Kudos
arapa1
Beginner

What are the news for this 3D bug ?

Do you have people assigned to fix it ?

For the moment, to build an HTPC 3D capable, the only solution is to go NVidia or AMD and it's a shame to not be able to use the integrated 3D capabilities of the Intel core processor as advertised.

Intel, thanks for an answer and a date

Alain

0 Kudos
EstebanA_C_Intel
Employee

Hello, All:

I would like to inform you all that this is indeed being handled by the graphics team, currently under investigation to get it fixed.

As of now, there is no ETA for the issue to be resolved but for sure it is to get there.

We will be letting you know as soon as this is fixed.

Regards,

Esteban C

0 Kudos
arapa1
Beginner

Perhaps it is an hardware bug not correctable in the drivers and that's why there is still no solution ?

Regards,

Alain

0 Kudos