Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

HD630: After A recent upgrade, the resolution reported to monitor is a false value.

kmahyyg
Novice

After a recent drivers upgrade offered by Intel Driver & Support Assistant, two version before the latest one is working in my memory.

I have two monitors, eDP-1 is the built-in one of my laptop. HDMI-1 is Dell E1911 (quite old).

eDP-1 is in 1920x1080, HDMI-1 is in 1440x900,  whatever I set in Windows Settings, the one on HDMI-1 will always looks like 1920x1080, it seems like driver reported false value to monitor... In previous 2 or 3 version, it works as intended. Please fix bug.

My another monitor Dell U2417H works fine...

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

kmahyyg, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this scenario, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

What is the model of the laptop?

Is this a new computer?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes besides installing the driver recommended by the Intel® Driver Support Assistant?

Which Windows* version are you using?

Please provide the Intel® Graphics report while the external monitor is attached to the laptop:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005848/graphics.html

And also please provide the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, please check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
kmahyyg
Novice

photo_2021-01-29_09-24-09.jpg

It looks like this ^

However, the monitor on the right should fulfilled.

kmahyyg_0-1611883560738.png

My settings. The 1440x900 is the recommended resolution by vendor.

0 Kudos
kmahyyg
Novice

photo_2021-01-29_09-29-56.jpg

in monitor settings, it said laptop reported 1920x1080@60hz to it... but the max it can offer is 1440x900@60hz .

l

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

kmahyyg, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this scenario, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

What is the model of the laptop?

Is this a new computer?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes besides installing the driver recommended by the Intel® Driver Support Assistant?

Which Windows* version are you using?

Please provide the Intel® Graphics report while the external monitor is attached to the laptop:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005848/graphics.html

And also please provide the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, please check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
kmahyyg
Novice

The problem disappeared when I came into office this morning. It seems caused by a loose plug-in HDMI cable. Thanks for your support.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

kmahyyg, You are very welcome, thank you very much for letting us know those details.

Perfect, excellent, it is great to hear that the problem got fixed, that it was just related to a loose plug-in HDMI cable, and that now the computer is showing the correct resolution.

Any other inquires, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos