Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20626 Discussions

HDMI no sound using my Intel HD Graphics Audio Output

hegmannkris
Beginner

Hello,

after upgrading to Windows 10, I have an annoying problem. Connecting my Laptop to my TV using HDMI cable works fine and audio as well. But once I started the game Battlefield 3, the sound disappears on my HDMI and never comes back until I restart the computer. Swicthing my default speaker back to laptop speaker lets the sound function without any problems. But switching it back again to HDMI, the sound disappears and as said, a new PC restart is needed.

I contacted Origin and they said a clean boot may be needed. Done so, and still not working.

I tried to update Intel drivers through MS Update and also through Intel Website. I tried to update my audio drivers using MS Update and other methods. Still the problem persists. I thought it might be the cable.

I connected my MacBook Pro 2015 using HDMI and running Windows 10 Pro. Guess what, the game runs super and the sound as well! I do not think it is the cable.

Any Idea guys?? This is getting me frustrated!

My Intel Graphics is Intel HD 4400 (Processor Core i3 4010U) on Toshiba Satellite M50.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello hegmannkris

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

Could you please provide the following information to check this further?

1- Does the issue happen only when launching the game Battlefield 3?

2- Does it work fine if you try the following: Make sure that the game resolution matches the one set in Windows* (e.g. in the game settings set 1920x1080 if that is the one you have in Windows*). Please let us know what the behavior is.

3- What operating system and what version were you running before upgrading to Windows® 10 (where we suppose the game run fine)?

4- Please run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report to this thread to gather more details about your system.

• Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-
  • Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".
  • To save your scan, click Next and click Save.

Note: To attach a file, you must click the “Attach” option on the bottom left-hand corner of the response box.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello hegmannkris

We would like to know if you were able to review our previous post and if further assistance is needed.

Also, in addition to our previous post, when you mentioned "after upgrading to Windows 10", did you upgrade from a previous operating system? (e.g. "Windows 7"). Or did you perform a fresh and clean install of Windows 10?

Also, by any chance do you know what graphics drivers are having the issue and which one is working fine?

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello hegmannkris

We have not heard back from you so we will proceed to close this thread now.

As the last recommendations, please review the following suggestions:

1- If the issue was occurring with a specific driver version, for testing purposes you may try one of the other drivers available (e.g. an older driver) either from Intel® Download Center: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29804/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-40-?product=81497 or from the website of your computer manufacturer (OEM).

2- This is unlikely to be a driver issue since this is a legacy graphics controller and issues like this one should show up earlier before. In this case, we recommend checking further with the game developer for further debugging and recommendations from their side.

However, since it seems the issue started after updating to Windows® 10, in case you haven't tried yet, we recommend contacting your OEM Toshiba* for assistance to perform a fresh and clean install of Windows. Here is their Support contact link*: https://support.dynabook.com/

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

*Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third-party endorsement of Intel® or any of its products is implied.

0 Kudos
hegmannkris
Beginner

Thanks for your help, I tested with some sound files here: https://sonnerieportable.com/ .Looks like it worked.

0 Kudos