Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Hi,I have a problem with the software program when I click on the power and I chose the maximum performance and I apply it ,it does not work it goes back to the normal mode.I hope you can help me with this.Thanks.

MAlhe3
Beginner

0 Kudos
14 Replies
AlHill
Super User

What software program?

What version of Windows 10? 1909?

What is your processor model number?

What is the model number of your laptop or system/motherboard?

Provide more information for assistance.

Doc

0 Kudos
MAlhe3
Beginner

Intel hd ​(intel (R) Hd graphics 630) Graphics control panel.windows 10 home (10.0.18362). Hp pavilon power labtob intel i7700HQ CPU

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello MAlhe3

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

In order to check this behavior further, could you please provide the following information?

1- Did this Power setting work fine before? If yes, were there any changes: Hardware, Software, Drivers, Windows® updates?

2- Please provide a screenshot of the Intel® HD Graphics Control Panel where you are changing this option:

3- DxDiag* report following these steps:

• In the keyboard, press WinLogo key + R.
  • In the Run box please type dxdiag and hit Enter.
  • Click on Save All Information.
  • Open the report.
  • Use the option "save all information" to save the .TXT file.
  • Attach the report .TXT file to this thread. 

4- Please run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report to this thread.

4.1- Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-

4.2- Open the application and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".

4.3- To save your scan, click Next and click Save.

Note: To attach a file, you must click the “Attach” option on the bottom left-hand corner of the response box.

Regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
MAlhe3
Beginner
1- .Hi, I do not know if it worked fine before 2-. 3- ‫في الثلاثاء، 3 مارس 2020 في 2:41 ص تمت كتابة ما يلي بواسطة ‪Intel Forums‬‏ <‪supportreplies@intel.com‬‏>:‬
0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello MAlhe3

If you need further assistance, please let us know. We will be glad to assist you.

Regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello MAlhe3

Thank you for your response.

We understand that you are not sure if this option worked fine before. Is this a new laptop?

Also, it seems we are missing the information regarding questions 2, 3 and 4 provided in our previous post, which will help to gather some reports in order to check this further. Could you please provide this information?

We will be looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
MAlhe3
Beginner
1- No it is not a new laptop 2- attached 3-attached 4-attached ‫في الثلاثاء، 10 مارس 2020 في 1:27 ص تمت كتابة ما يلي بواسطة ‪Intel Forums‬‏ <‪supportreplies@intel.com‬‏>:‬
0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello MAlhe3

We noticed you mentioned the reports and screenshots are attached, however, we are not able to find those attachments in the thread. Are you replying directly from the notification email and are you attaching those files from that email?

To attach a file in this forum, you need to log in on the forum using your account, reply back directly from the post (attachments to the emails are not sent to the thread) and you must click the “Attach” option on the bottom left-hand corner of the response box to upload the files one by one or you can attach them using a zip file.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
MAlhe3
Beginner

Hi, sorry for inconvenience.

I hope you can help me with that.Thanks.

0 Kudos
MAlhe3
Beginner
0 Kudos
MAlhe3
Beginner
posted a file.
0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello MAlhe3

Thank you for your response and for the files provided.

After checking the reports, we noticed that your system is running graphics driver version 24.20.100.6344 and it seems to be a legacy driver (not a DCH driver), hence your system should be running the legacy Intel® HD Control Panel. Also, we noticed that the driver you are running seems to not be one of the customized drivers available from your Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) HP*.

We would like to mention that we tested this feature using both Intel® HD Graphics Control Panels: legacy and the new one with a DCH driver and the feature is working as expected and the setting is kept after rebooting the system. Please find attached a video showing this testing with the new Intel® HD Graphics Control Panel with DCH driver 26.20.100.7870.

In this case, we would like to recommend you to perform a clean installation of the graphics driver using the customized driver from HP.

1-  Download the HP* graphics driver "Intel High-Definition (HD) Graphics Driver - Kaby Lake (Windows 10 v1803)" version 23.20.16.4973 Rev.D and save it on the computer.

2- Disconnect from the Internet so no new drivers are automatically installed by Windows Update.

3- Uninstall any graphics driver and the Intel Graphics Control Panel from Windows® >> Apps & Features).

4- Restart the computer.

5- Confirm in Device Manager > Video Adapters the controller is listed as "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter" >> if not, repeat steps 2 through 4.

6- If the adapter continues to be listed as "Intel HD Graphics" or similar, and no other Intel Graphics driver is listed under "Apps and Features" for removal, then it means Windows has switched to a previously installed Legacy driver. At this point we can remove Legacy drivers from Device Manager:

6.1- Right-click on 'Intel HD Graphics' or similar, and select 'Uninstall Device'

6.2- In the pop-up window make sure 'Delete the driver software for this device' is checked.

6.3- Click on 'Uninstall'.

6.4- Restart. (Repeat steps 6.1 through 6.4 until the device gets listed as "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter")

7- Install the driver that was downloaded in step 1.

8- Restart the computer.

9- Reconnect to the Internet.

We understand that the HP driver might not be a very recent driver, however, it is the latest one customized for your specific system. If the issue persists, you can test with the latest Intel® generic graphics driver version 26.20.100.7870. You can repeat the previous steps and use the Intel® generic driver.

In case you test Intel's driver 26.20.100.7870, if needed, you can download the Intel® Graphics Command Center or Intel® Graphics Control Panel from the Microsoft Store.

Please feel free to share the outcome of the steps.

Additional information regarding Windows® DCH drivers:

Introduction of Windows DCH Drivers for Intel Products

Frequently Asked Questions about Windows* DCH Drivers for Intel® Graphics

Notes:

The driver or software for your Intel® component might have been changed or replaced by the computer manufacturer. We recommend you work with your computer manufacturer before installing our driver so you don’t lose features or customizations.

*Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third party endorsement of Intel® or any of its products is implied.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
MAlhe3
Beginner
Hi,the problem has been solved ,I did not think you will solve it but you did .Thanks a lot.I have a question the version that I have is not the last update will it effect the performance or not and when can I update it.Second question is that I removed the Intel Graphics driver do I need to install it in my laptop , although that I have nvidia geforce gtx. ‫في الخميس، 12 مارس 2020 في 3:31 ص تمت كتابة ما يلي بواسطة ‪Intel Forums‬‏ <‪supportreplies@intel.com‬‏>:‬
0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello MAlhe3

We would like to share with you the following details regarding your concerns.

With respect to "if the driver you installed may affect the performance since it is not the latest one" (based on version number compared with Intel® generic drivers), it is worth mentioning that the system should not experience issues as it is the customized driver released and validated by your OEM HP* for your specific system model.

Regarding when you can update the driver, we recommend checking with your OEM for newer drivers available. OEMs have access to the latest Intel's generic drivers in order to them customize and adjust the drivers for their specific systems.

Also, if by "removed the Intel Graphics driver" you mean you uninstalled the generic graphics driver and if you are wondering if you need to install it back in the laptop, it is worth mentioning that we recommend using the driver or software provided by your OEM. On the other hand, if you meant that you uninstalled the Intel® Graphics driver and left only the NVIDIA® driver running on the system, we recommend checking further with your OEM as they can confirm if both graphics are feasible to be enabled and installed at the same time and proper instructions for that configuration since it would be regarding dual-graphics support (Hybrid-Switchable graphics).

Best regards,

Andrew G.

*Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third party endorsement of Intel® or any of its products is implied.

0 Kudos