Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20602 Discussions

How do I fix my computer after installing an incompatible graphics driver?

GJohn18
Beginner

I have a Boxx Renderpro computer. I had to update the graphics driver, so I looked to see which one I had. It said ASPEED graphics family. I went to the update website on intel to update this graphics driver. When the computer asked If i wanted to go through with the installation, my computer crashed and is now stuck in an infinite reboot loop. Please contact me if you know how to fix this. I am desperate.

Thanks

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AlHill
Super User

I have never heard of your computer or ASPEED.

What is your processor model number?

Are you even running Windows? If so, what version?

If you are running windows, download, run, and ATTACH (using the paperclip under the toolbar) the results of this utility:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

Doc

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

Al,

This is High End Workstation. You should ask for help at the manufacturer site.

Leon

0 Kudos
GJohn18
Beginner

Thanks

I asked them but have not gotten a response. However I fixed it by myself. If this happens to anybody, hold F8 during boot up. Problem solved, and none of my files were deleted. It was quick too. Win win.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Interesting. Still, I have never heard about it.

Also, how does one install an incompatible graphics driver and cause a reboot loop?

Doc

0 Kudos
GJohn18
Beginner

I fixed it. I held F8 during boot up and the computer deleted the driver but saved all of my files, so problem solved. But honestly? No idea how I did that.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Glad you got it working.

Doc

0 Kudos