Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20600 Discussions

How do I turn off vsync for a program that lacks the option?

JNybe
Beginner

I need to disable v-sync for a game. The game has no options for this. In my 'Intel(R) Graphics and Media Control Panel' it only has the options "On" and "Application Settings."

My questions are:

1. Why is there no "off" option?

2. How can I turn it off for a program that doesn't have the options to adjust it?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Thanks for joining the Graphics community.

The only way to turn off vsync is to set Use Application Settings under Graphics Control Panel that way you can disable this feature through the software you are currently running on the system.

See below for more information:

http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-034107.htm Graphics Drivers — Enabling and Disabling Vertical Synchronization

Allan.

0 Kudos
JNybe
Beginner

Hello Allan. Thanks for responding to my post. However, you didn't answer either of my questions. I wasn't asking how to leave the vsync settings up to the application.

I'm asking how to turn vsync off for all programs, regardless of their settings. Why is this option not available in the control panel? Is it really that difficult to implement? These are questions that I see a lot of people asking, and so far everyone from Intel just says "change it to 'Application Settings' and disable it in the application."

It also seems like people with Intel like to hit-and-run these forum posts, never answering follow up questions, so I won't be surprised if you don't answer.

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

If setting Use Application Settings under Graphics Control Panel does not work for you, I will pass these comments to our engineering department. Thank you for taking the time to communicate this issue.

Allan.

0 Kudos
JNybe
Beginner

Thank you Allan. The ability to force vsync off is a feature that I see a lot of people wanting, and it shouldn't be too difficult to implement. I've been reading posts of people asking for this for years, and the only response from anybody from Intel is "There is no option to force vsync off. You need to turn it off in the application." We all know this, and it's a problem. Fix it.

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Thank you for the feedback.

Allan.

0 Kudos
BurrowDeck
Beginner

4 years later, it is still not possible to force vsync off.

0 Kudos