Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20622 Discussions

How to dismiss suggested downloads in Intel support Assist since they are later version to what is installed

WWats3
Beginner

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Are you saying that IDSA is suggesting updates that are later than what you have installed? If the suggestion is correct, is that not what you want? If the suggestion is incorrect, then it is a flaw in IDSA and you should just ignore it.

Doc

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Then, uninstall the Intel Driver and Support assistant (IDSA).

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29376/Intel-Driver-Support-Assistant-Uninstaller?v=t

Doc

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Ok, wait a minute. Be very specific about what you have. Are you talking about the Intel Driver and Support Assistant, or some other tool like Dell Support Assistant?

First, you said older drivers than what you have, now you say newer drivers than what you have.

You do NOT need the Intel Driver and Support Assistant. I want you to go to START, SETTINGS, APPS, and look for "Intel Driver and Support Assistant" in the list and UNINSTALL it. You do not need it, no matter what it says, or you think.

And, I want you to edit your post above and remove all personal information. We do not care that you are a doctor, or where you live. Well, we do not but SCAMMERS and SPAMMERS do, so remove it.

Then, if you really want your drivers updated, use the wonderful tool DELL provides you for their hardware.

Doc (not a doctor, not an Intel employee or contractor).

0 Kudos
WWats3
Beginner

Thanks for your advice Al, even the gratuitous stuff. I hope it makes you feel better

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Deleting all of your posts was wrong. Now this thead makes no sense. However, I have all of them saved.

No charge for the therapy.

Doc

0 Kudos