Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

How to reduce the quality of graphics on the UHD630?

DCalv1
Beginner

How to reduce the quality of graphics on the UHD630?

I know that the HD4600 has a graphics quality setting. But on UHD630 this is not. How can I change the 3D quality settings? Maybe in the registry or the configuration file?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Dgek,

Thank you for joining this Intel Community.

I understand that you would like to change the 3D settings on the Intel® Graphics Control Panel. I would like to assist you with this.

Because the features/settings of Intel® graphics controllers may be different, I would like to know if you are using a specific game/application. This will help us provide better recommendations.

Also, please run the Intel® System Support Utility and attach the report to this thread to get more information about your system.

1.Download the Intel® System Support Utility and save the application to your system.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

2.Open the application and click Scan to see system and device information. The Intel® System Support Utility defaults to the Summary View on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says summary to change to Detailed View.

3.To save your scan, click Next and click Save. You can save the file to any accessible location on your computer.

Now, keep in mind that we may be unable to provide information about modifying the registry since we recommend making any changes using the Intel® Graphics Control Panel or any feature supported by the operating system. However, other community peers may provide useful information about this.

Wanner G.
0 Kudos
DCalv1
Beginner

That's one of the reasons for my question. The first screenshot is made on Win10 with the latest drivers installed. In Fraps shows 50 fps. In the second screenshot, the game is launched on Linux mint 19, where you can see that the graphics settings are very low. And shows more than 300 fps. Why is there no 3D graphics quality selection in the control panel?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Dgek,

Thank you for your response.

In this case, the options for 3D settings depend on your operating system and the graphics driver you have installed. Our recommendation is that you can select the game and set default 3D settings since the options available on the Intel® HD Graphics Control Panel contain optimizations to improve the performance of games.

Now, in each game, find the graphics performance options to lower them until the game performs as desired using the minimum settings.

It is worth mentioning that there are differences between Intel® Graphics drivers for Windows* and Linux. In other words, the quality of graphics will be different between Windows* and other operating systems.

In addition, please visit our https://gameplay.intel.com/ to optimize your games to play on Intel® graphics.

Wanner G.
0 Kudos
DCalv1
Beginner
0 Kudos