Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20624 Discussions

How to stop cpu clock speeds going <0.5 ghz when using high utilization of integrated gpu?

Cmill43
Beginner

I've bought a new laptop that had an i710510U cpu in it and an mx250 gpu. I've elected the nvidia gpu as the prefrence in control panel but for certian applications like chrome it still utilizses the IGPU. The main problem is that when it does this my cpu clock speed completely tanks. I've checked with HWM and it isn't thermal throttling (<65 degrees). Any suggestions are appreciated, thanks.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

It's probably power throttling/limiting. Check your BIOS for parameters related to this. Does it still happen if you set the BIOS Configuration to all default values?

...S

0 Kudos
Cmill43
Beginner

I've reset all bios parameters to default and I'm still experincing the same throttling problems, also note that as this problem is occuring on a hp envy laptop my bios access is quite limited.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Next step is discussing this with HP.

...S

0 Kudos
Eray1
Beginner

I've had similar issues on my HP Pavilion 13 AN007NU. Once I plug in the power adapter it goes away.

0 Kudos