Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20602 Discussions

I'd like to have 10 bit color depth under SDR mode

Steve_Asahi
Beginner

First of all, I'm using Intel Arc A770 Limited Edition (so desktop of course). I connected my monitor (4K 144Hz with HDMI 2.1/DP1.4 and 10 bit HDR support) via HDMI 2.1 port. I'm using the latest driver with both Intel Arc Control and IGCC installed.

My monitor supports 10 bit sRGB color without enabling the HDR, and I can confirm that with my NVIDIA graphics card because their control panel can manually change it. But I see no options in IAC or IGCC app. When Windows HDR was activated, the A770 will automatically switch to 4K 120Hz 10bit. But when I disable it, 8bit comes back again.

My monitor doesn't support HDR very well so I don't want to use it occasionally. But I still want to see 10bit color depth under SDR mode.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
powerarmour
Valued Contributor II

Please see here for info:

https://github.com/IGCIT/Intel-GPU-Community-Issue-Tracker-IGCIT/issues/179

It's being worked on apparently, but will take some time.

0 Kudos
5urg3
Beginner

Nearly a year later and STILL not fixed...

Facepalm!

0 Kudos
Steve_Asahi
Beginner

No, this issue seems to be fixed.

Now I'm using my monitor with 10bit SDR by default (DisplayPort). I can confirm it via Windows settings app. It still cannot be changed manually though.

0 Kudos
5urg3
Beginner
It’s definitely *not* fixed. I was just in contact with Intel engineers within the past 24 hours, and they confirmed it to me, even with the latest drivers.

To be clear I am using:

Windows 11 64-bit 23H2
Intel i5-12500 iGPU (UHD 770) drivers version 31.0.101.4972
Asus Pa32UCX and Samsung QN55Q70.

On this exact same computer, a HP Z2 Mini G9, Ubuntu works perfectly fine (you can enable deep color in display settings) with the Intel GPU, and any AMD / NVidia GPU also works fine on Windows 11 and Ubuntu.

I am able to use my Asus ProArt PA32UCX display at 4K 60Hz at 10-bit SDR with 4:4:4 (no chroma subsampling) over a DisplayPort connection on everything except the Intel GPU under Windows 11.
0 Kudos
Allerstout
Beginner

这个问题似乎并解决,问题的关键是我们需要在无关乎HDR或SDR的时候,能够独立的开启10bit的功能,这个功能在A/N中都是早就存在的功能,而天才的英特尔工程师们还没睡醒😡

0 Kudos