Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

I have Inel UHD Graphics 620 along with Nvidia GeForce MX250 in my HP laptop... I am trying to work with a 3D program, Blender and it continues to crash... a microsoft dump says it is graphics problem... I updated the GeForce to the newest driver

BOrte4
Beginner

from their website.. they told me to also download the driver for this Intel graphics 620 and Not to use the Windows update... I downloaded your driver assistant and it showed an update, but it said it recommended the driver from the HP webside... so i'm not sure what to do .. and not sure WHY I can't use my Blender program now with this new laptop.. it continually crashes the computer or at times it will just shut down... i'm stumped as to what is going on with it..

thanks

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

BOrte4, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In reference to this scenario, we always recommend to check first the system requirements of the application, in the following link you will find all the details about the tool to make sure the platform that you are using complies with all the specifications:

https://www.blender.org/download/requirements/

We recommend to install the graphics driver provided by the manufacturer of the computer, since that driver was customized by them work with your specific platform. According to what you mentioned before, your system might be using a Hybrid Graphics controller, which means that a specific Graphics driver customized by the manufacturer of the computer/board will be needed. 

What is the model of the motherboard?

If this is a laptop, what is the model of it?

Is this a new computer?

Was it working fine before?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes?

When did the issue start?

Which Windows* version are you using?

Did you check with HP directly to confirm which is the proper driver for your platform?

https://support.hp.com/us-en

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
BOrte4
Beginner

Don't know what the motherboard is... I have an HP Pavilion 15T-CS200

Nvidia GeForce Mx250 with up to 4GB discrete video memory with the newest driver from Nvidia website

Intel UHD Graphics 620 with driver version 26.20.100.7463

16GB ram DDR4

2 drives to create the 1TB drive... (not seen it this way before) one drive has 237GB on it and it's C: named Windows

the other one has 931GB 😧 named Data

I have Windows 10 home version 1909

I only changed the settings under PCI Express/Link Power State Management to OFF after doing it, i was able to work in Blender 2.82 for about an hour with no issues..

then it crashed again... I was using Blender in the 12 year old laptop I had, but the laptop had many other issues so need to upgrade to a newer laptop... Thought what

I have in this one would run Blender 2.82 okay...

I have intel i7-8565U 1.80Ghz (SC turbo up to 4.60Ghz) quad core processor

I haven't upgraded any other drivers.. I figured what I had in it was good since It was just built after April 3...

Before I changed the PCI Express settings, it would crash after 3 minutes when I tried to add Texture to the object. Blender 2.82 runs good if I don't add texture to anything.. I worked

on a model of a building for a couple hours with no issues.. but as soon as I start adding the Texture to the building, I crashed the computer... When I ran a dump file and sent to Microsoft

they said it was related to the graphics.. I updated the driver to the GeForce up to the newest one just out... but it still crashed. So I am stumped as to what is causing it.. I am not sure how Blender runs.. it has the option to run with graphics processor.. I've done that it still crashes...

thanks

Barbara

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

BOrte4, Thank you very much for letting us know those details.

We always recommend to install the graphics driver provided by the manufacturer of the computer, since that driver was customized by them work with your specific platform. 

In this specific case since the computer is working with the Intel® UHD Graphics 620 and the Nvidia GeForce Mx250 controllers, it indicates that probably is using a hybrid Graphics controller, the best thing to do in this scenario will be to install the Graphics driver validated by HP to enable all the features customized by them on their system.

I looked on HP's web site and the latest Graphics driver version available is 25.20.100.6471, please try a clean installation of that driver and let us know the results:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-pavilion-15-cs2000-laptop-pc/26122239/model/26122240/swItemId/ob-227508-2

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005598/graphics-drivers.html

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
BOrte4
Beginner

My device manager says I have the best drivers installed ... the one in the system is the one HP loaded when they built my laptop

to get it ready to ship to me. the only driver I changed was the Nvidia GeForce MX250 Upgraded it from Nvidia.. The driver that

was in there wasn't working with Blender either... someone at Blender Forum told me to install the newest one from Nvidia so I did it..

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

BOrte4, Thank you very much for sharing that information.

That is the thing with this scenario, that based on the fact that the HP laptop is working with 2 different Graphics controllers it is hard to determine which is the one working with Blender and which is the one crashing the application.

Please open "Device Manager" select "Display Adapters" and provide a screenshot of that, this is for us to confirm if both Graphics controllers are showing in there.

In HP's web site, they have 2 Graphics drivers available, the one provided on the previous post, version 25.20.100.6471 for Intel® and the one available for Nvidia version 25.21.14.1781, the laptop should work with no problems if both of those drivers are installed since those are the latest ones validated by HP:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-15-cs2000-laptop-pc/26122239/model/26122240

For the Intel® Graphic controller, we recommend a clean installation of Graphics driver version 25.20.100.6471 as indicated on our last post, please try that and let us know the results.

Just to let you know, there is a new Intel® Graphics driver available for Intel® UHD Graphics 620 controller, the Intel® drivers are generic, meaning they might or might not work with your platform, in the following link you will find that driver to try a clean installation of it as well and let us know the results, version 26.20.100.8141:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29530/Intel-Graphics-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers?product=126789

Regarding the upgrade of the Nvidia Graphics driver, the best thing to do will be to get in contact directly with them to verify if that if the proper driver for your system, especially that the installation of that driver was suggested in the Blender forums:

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/support/

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
BOrte4
Beginner

My Nvidia GeForce MX250 driver is the one from the HP site for my laptop.. I haven't changed the other one at this point. It is still the one they installed on the laptop when it was built. I went into the Nvidia Control panel and changed the "Power management" under the 3D settings from Optimal power to Maximum performance. The Blender developer people had me take the Blender Foundation folder and move it out of the \roaming folder and move it somewhere else and try Blender to see if it still crashes. I moved the folding into \local and went into Blender and worked on an object and in Edit move, I added 6 different textures and NO crashes.. so am hoping it keeps on working and no more.. I've been trying to solve the crashing issue for over a week now..

thank you for your reply... Will leave the other as it is right now.. and fingers crossed it all keeps on working now..

have a wonderful day

Barbara

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

BOrte4, You are very welcome, thank you very much for letting us know those updates.

Perfect, excellent, we also hope the problem got fixed now and you will be able to use the Blender application properly.

Any other inquiries, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos