Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20946 Discussions

I have an Intel ARC A770 16gb (limited edition), Hello neighbor 2 keeps crashing.

amialive
Beginner

Hi. I have recently built a PC (first time 😀) with the Intel ARC A770 16gb variant and Ryzen 7 5800x. Whenever I play Hello neighbor 2 the game keeps crashing in between showing this error.

The UE4-HelloNeighbor2 Game has crashed and will close
LowLevelFatalError [File:Unknown] [Line: 684] pResource->Map(Subresource, pReadRange, reinterpret_cast<void**>(&pData)) failed
at D:\Work\HN2\HN2Engine\Engine\Source\Runtime
\D3D12RHI\Private\D3D12RHIPrivate.h:1181
with error DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED with Reason:
DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG

I had recently updated the Intel ARC and Iris XE graphics panel, and after that I also noticed a few other games crashing like Forza Horizon 5.

I reverted the update and everything ran fine except Hello neighbor 2, which still shows the same error.

I don't know what to do. Please help.

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello amialive

Thank you for posting on the Intel Communities. I understand you are getting constant crashes when playing Hello Neighbor 2 on your system, I will gladly assist with this problem.

I would like to first check your system specs and driver information so we can provide some recommendations, please create a log file with the Intel® System Support Utility and share it with us. In addition, please make sure that Resizable BAR is enabled on your system BIOS.

I would also like to get some information about the game itself in case we need to test it in our lab. Let us know the distribution service the game was downloaded from and if you are able to get into the game, share with us the in-game graphics settings you are using.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello amialive

We are interested in assisting you with this issue. Please share with us the SSU report and game information we requested in our previous post.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello amialive

We did not get a response from you so we will be closing this thread. If you are still experiencing crashing issues when playing Hello Neighbor 2 on your system feel free to open a new topic.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos