Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20621 Discussions

I have an Intel HD 4600 that will no longer output to the HDMI port. It worked for years, recently it stopped working. I have tried updating drivers, but this did not fix the problem.

PGome16
Beginner

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Replace the hdmi cable.

Doc

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

You may have had a failure in your motherboard and the port is dead. It happens. Is your board still under warranty?

...S

0 Kudos
PGome16
Beginner

I am fairly certain that it is a software issue. After a reboot after an update, the screen flashed for a few minutes, i came back some time later, it seems like it rebooted again and after that the HDMI port stopped working.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello PGome16, I just wanted to check if the issue persists and if you need further assistance on this matter? 

Were you able to test another HDMI cable??

Regards,

Alberto R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello PGome16, I just wanted to check if you were able to test another HDMI cable or TV/monitor?

Just to let you know, if the issue is still present after trying the steps above then what we recommend as the next thing to do will be to get in contact directly with the manufacturer of the board/laptop for them to be able to provide the warranty options for his scenario since the HDMI port might be defective.

If the problem is either the cable or the monitor, then, in that case, the best thing to try next will be to get in contact with the manufacturer of the monitor for them to provide the warranty option on it. If the problem is the cable, then you can always contact the place of purchase directly to verify if they can replace it for you.

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Alberto R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos