Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Increased delay in pen strokes using Onenote

m_loe
Beginner

Hello,

im having an Issue with the latest Intel drivers on my Acer SP313-51N.

Specs: Intel i5-1135G7 with Xe Graphics / 16 GB DDR4X RAM

Currently it is running the latest Windows 10 19043.1237, but the Issue was also present on 22000.194 and 22458.

While using any of the recent Intel DCH drivers e.g. 30.0.100.9864 (stable) or 30.0.100.9894 (beta), pen strokes in Onenote experience increased latency, writing has gone from very pleasant and smooth to barely usable.

Other stylus apps (Inkodo) experience similar behaviour.

I tried both Wacom AES 1.0 and Wacom AES 2.0 pens. There was no difference.

Reverting back to the driver provided by Windows Update 27.20.100.8853 fixes the issue entirely.

Tell me if more information is needed.

Thanks in advance

Martin

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel

m_loe, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

Is this a new computer?

By any chance do you remember when did you purchase it?

Was it working fine before with a Non-Windows* driver?

Just to confirm, the issue started right after installing the drivers?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes besides the graphics driver update?

Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment?

Please attach the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hi m_loe, I just wanted to check if you saw the information posted previously and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello m_loe, Since we have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions, please post them on a new thread so we can further assist you with this matter.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos