Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20499 Discussions

Installation of Intel Graphics WIndows 10/11 DCH Drivers causes Black Screen Part 3

GarhenChiu
Beginner

Have had this persisting issue with my integrated graphics for almost a year, through many reinstallations of Windows 10 and even Windows 11. 
https://community.intel.com/t5/Graphics/Installation-of-Intel-Graphics-WIndows-10-DCH-Drivers-causes/m-p/1287427/emcs_t/S2h8ZW1haWx8dG9waWNfc3Vic2NyaXB0aW9ufEtQSkI3RUZUUTNMRUs3fDEyODc0Mjd8U1VCU0NSSVBUSU9OU3xoSw#M97739

GarhenChiu_0-1639703778226.png

No matter how many times I reinstall my OS, or try to reinstall drivers, the issue always seems to come back.
This specific occurrence I have tried removing the drivers with DDU and installing the drivers(both from my motherboard website and from the intel website) in Safe mode, but no matter what I try, it results in a black screen during installation, or after a boot resulting in a black screen after showing my motherboard logo.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
DeividA_Intel

Hello GarhenChiu,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.     

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system.  

· Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18377/intel-system-support-utility-for-windows.html 

· Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  

· To save your scan, click Next and click Save.  

2. Did you notice the issue since the first time you use the computer (out of the box)?

3. Did you notice the issue after a system update? 

4. Do you get any beep code or LED code from the motherboard when the system crash?

5. Have you checked with ASRock to confirm if the motherboard is working properly?

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
GarhenChiu
Beginner

I've done a temporary fix by reinstalling windows yet again, but as before, the issue will come back eventually.

1.  The SSU is attached below

2. I only noticed it a few months after use, after which it has become a persistent issue to this day

3. I don't believe so, although it may have been an automatic update.

4. There is no beep or LED code from the motherboard, and I'm fairly sure the system doesn't actually crash, as audio is still output when the issue occurs and it still receives input, only the display is black

5. I have once before, and have received a temporary solution from them, although it was not a permanent fix.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello GarhenChiu, 

In order to help you further, please try the following:

1. Check with ASRock for instructions to update your BIOS (latest 2.10)?

2. Update your Windows build/version. Not to Windows 11.

3. Update your graphics driver to version 30.0.101.1191.

4. Try with a different connection (HDMI, DP, Thunderbolt)

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

0 Kudos
GarhenChiu
Beginner

I have updated all of the above and it seems to be working so far. I will have to wait and see if the issue still occurs after a while.
Thank you for your help.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello GarhenChiu, 

I am glad to know that the system is behaving properly after the updates performed. Please let me know if the issue comes back in the following days.

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello GarhenChiu, 

Did the issue return after the updates were performed? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello GarhenChiu, 

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance or if you have additional questions, please create a new thread and we will gladly assist you.  

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
GarhenChiu
Beginner
I apologize for not responding to this thread, as I was sure it was sent, but it appears that it was not.
In that message I wrote that the issue usually takes time to appear again.
Unfortunately shortly after writing that message the issue appeared again, so as per your instructions I have opened a new thread here. https://community.intel.com/t5/Graphics/Repeated-issues-with-Black-Screen-on-startup-Part-4/m-p/1351640#M104736
0 Kudos