Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Intel 11th Gen with UHD 750 not installing Display Audio

AndyMac60
New Contributor I

Not sure if this is a repost of a question I had, I thought, asked - apologies if it is

Just tried using Display Audio through DisplayPort on a Dell Monitor connected to a Z590 motherboard with an Intel i9-11900K and installing the graphics driver does not seem to install the Display Audio driver.  My supplier also tested on another motherboard.

QUESTION for the forum: has Intel removed Display Audio support from the Core 11th Gen and 12th Gen CPUs or is this just a driver issue?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
RonaldM_Intel

Hello everyone,

"has Intel removed Display Audio support from the Core 11th Gen and 12th Gen CPUs or is this just a driver issue?" - the answer is YES

Currently the driver should be relying on the MSFT Inbox ACX DAC.

As @Alberto_R_Intel  mentioned, we are currently investigating the behavior as reported on this other thread. The issue might be caused by the OS portion of the driver or it might come from Intel's... it is too early to tell so we'll let our debug team work this one.

As soon as we have news or updates we'll post them here.

Best Regards,

Ronald M.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
23 Replies
Glumfish
Beginner

Hi, I would like to say I am experiencing the same issue.

I am on a Dell XPS17 9710 and I am lacking any HD Audio Drivers and thus I cannot use any audio over HDMI or DP. I am using the latest Intel Graphics Drivers and all software is up to date. I tried manually installing some Intel Display Audio Drivers and I got Audio to work momentarily but it is not working consistently so I have thus removed it, so it is not the fault of cables/monitor. I am completely missing any HD Audio Sound controller (for the Intel iGPU) and since all video/audio passes through it I don't have any audio output available for my monitor. Is there any fix from Intel on the way since the Intel Display Audio Drivers have been discontinued, this is a major problem.

Glumfish_0-1644182082802.png

0 Kudos
Glumfish
Beginner

@RonaldM_Intel   @RonaldM_Intel  any updates?

0 Kudos
dontcallmeillcallyou

Intel has gone silent on this issue. Poor effort

0 Kudos