Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Intel 630 HD and Netflix Win 10 App Frame Drop

CHast
Beginner

I've just finished a build using the Intel Pentium G4600 and installed the latest version of Windows 10 pro (v1709) along with the most up to date 630 HD Graphics driver for this chip (15.46) however I'm experiencing some issues when using Netflix in either the Windows app or Edge.

Playing Netflix (or streaming any video content) within Google Chrome appears to be fine - i.e. no dropped frames, however when using the app or Edge, the video stutters (and records dropped frames in the info found by pressing ctrl+shift+alt+d). The audio works fine and plays in time, with the video having to catch up every second. This also happens when playing back downloaded content within the Netflix app (i.e. isn't network related - same results when network is disconnected). CPU and GPU usage are both low during playback too.

I think I've isolated the issue to the 630 HD graphics driver by doing the following -

- downloaded Netflix content on the app

- disconnecting from the internet (to prevent Windows from automatically downloading drivers)

- uninstall Intel 630 HD Graphics driver (via device manager)

- reboot system

- open Netflix (still offline) and playback downloaded content

This works fine and no frames are dropped.

Once I either reconnect the internet or manually apply the 630 HD driver, playback has dropped frames again.

I'm not sure if it's related, but I've also experienced mouse lag too - i.e. where the mouse movements are delayed between my input and appearance on screen. This happens significantly when trying to use the Netflix app, however I've experience it in moderation at other times also.

My system consists of the followings:

Motherboard: Gigabyte B250N Phoenix-WiFi (latest BIOS F5a installed)

CPU: Intel Pentium G4600 @ 3.60Ghz

RAM: 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4 2400

Graphics Card: None - Intel 630 HD Graphics only

Display: Sharp HDTV connected via HDMI (no adaptors etc) at resolution 1920 x 1080 x 60 hertz

I notice there are some other posts with similar issues, however I've attempted some of the recommendations and they don't resolve my issue, i.e. I have tried disabling Intel Content Protection HDCP & HECI servies, rebooting and retrying:

Thanks

Craig

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello JCH1984,

Thank you for contacting Intel® Communities Support.

I am glad to assist you, please run the https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- Intel® System Support Utility then send us the report.

Also please provide us with a picture of the CPU and Memory Usage (Task Manager) when the issue occur.

To attach a file, you must click "Use Advanced Editor" in the top right corner of the response box, then the "attach" option will appear in the bottom right corner of the response box.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,

Stephen C.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello JCH1984,

I would like to know if you need further assistance?

We are still missing some important information requested.

Regards,

Stephen C.
0 Kudos
CHast
Beginner

Hi Stephen,

Since first reporting the problem the issue appears to have resolved itself.

The Netflix app no longer stutters while playing.

For info, I've attached the system support output and screenshots of task manager before and during Netflix playing.

Any insight into why this may have happened (and now resolved without any input from myself) would be useful.

Thanks,

Craig

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello JCH1984,

I am glad to hear that the issue is solved now.

The problem may be the Operating System, remember that there may be hidden applications running in the background. Also it may be a problem related to the application.

Since the issue is resolved I will close the ticket.

Do not hesitate and contact us back if you need further assistance.

Regards,

Stephen C.
0 Kudos