Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20947 Discussions

Intel Arc 370M problem with drivers model WDDM 3.1 laptop Lenovo Slim 7

carbarmo
Novice

Hello, please help, I'm having some trouble with newest Intel Arc driver versions. When I use software like Cinema 4D, Blender, Photoshop, Lightroom few minutes after I open them the OS crash and bring me the famous Blue Screen with the error message.

I already reinstall Windows, I did last Windows Updates, I updated lastest DX12 version, I already update BIOS and get all hardware newer drivers.

By myself I did some test and found the following:

-If I update the iGPU driver to the lastest and newest driver (WDDM 3.1) there is no problem as long as the dGPU driver is WDDM 3.0.

-I can use for iGPU and dGPU WDDM 3.0 model's driver.

-I can use for iGPU WDDM 3.1 model's driver as long as dGPU is WDDM 3.0

-I can't use for dGPU WDDM 3.1 model's driver, doesn't matter if iGPU is WDDM 3.0 or 3.1, if dGPU is WDDM 3.1 the OS crash while using programs mentioned above.

I already tried Lenovo's drivers, they updated the iGPU and dGPU drivers version. Actually they brings for the iGPU the driver 31.0.101.3889 and for the dGPU the 31.0.101.3959. There is no problem with the iGPU driver as long as I don't install the 31.0.101.3959 dGPU driver.

Actually I'm using the newest Intel Driver 31.0.101.4502, but just for the iGPU, I needed to roll back the dGPU driver to 30.0.101.1747 (this driver I found it in Lenovo's website few months ago, but they updated to 31.0.101.3959). As you can see I'm using WDDM 3.1 for iGPU and for dGPU WDDM 3.0, and I tried many drivers versions and all attempts turned out the same...

for dGPU I can just use the WDDM 3.0 model's driver.

Any suggestions or ideas?

The laptop is a Lenovo Slim 7 16IAH7, 16GB RAM DDR5, Core i7 12th, SSD 1TB, 16'' 2.5K display. Windows 11 Pro with lastest updates.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
carbarmo
Novice

A new update, I see that when I update dGPU drivers to WDDM 3.1 the resizable bar according to Arc Control appears as not supported, but with the WDDM 3.0 version the resizable bar appears as enabled.

0 Kudos