Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21308 Discussions

Intel Arc A370M BSOD or freeze after update

Roniek
Beginner

i have Asus zenbook pro 15,  UP6502ZD.
intel arc A370M.

since the last update [31.0.101.4314], whenever I use adobe products when hardware acceleration is enabled, it doesn't take too long for the computer to get either BSOD with error CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT or just to completely freeze.

after a bit of research online I downgraded my driver for iGpu (only) to an old version, the one that windows update "recommends" [30.0.101.1631], and now the errors are much less frequent, but still exists. 

interestingly enough, now it only happens if I minimize the adobe program (usually after effects but also happens with premiere and photoshop) or don't use it for a couple of minutes, so my guess is that it may have something to do with power saving for gpu when app is not using it, and with some inconsistencies between iGpu and dGpu. 

the thing is, that I don't want to downgrade my dGpu driver to [30.0.101.1631] (and solve the problem completely) because the there were some very important updates along the way that increases the performance about 70%.   

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Roniek
Beginner

@Hugo_Intel as you suggested I opened separate post

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Roniek

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities and opening a new thread.

We understand you have also opened a (chat/email/phone) support case with us, so, in this case, will continue to help you through that channel now. We will therefore close this community case. Please, keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel, in case that you have further questions, please open a new thread. 

Thanks for your understanding.  

Best regards, 

Hugo O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos