Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20943 Discussions

Intel Arc A750 Blank screen with Display Port

andieoz
Novice

I am unable to use any display port on the A750, when I do use them when booting I see the motherboard splash screen and shortly after that the screen goes blank. I have tried the following to resolve the issue.

Rebooted using each DP
Changed DP lead
Turned resize bar off and on in Bios
Lowered the Screen Resolution

HDMI works fine, but I want to use the DP as I get ghosting on text when using HDMI. I bought the card about four months ago and I was using the DP with my old card. When I received the card I tried the Display Ports on day one and they didn't work so I thought it was my monitor.

CPU: Intel i7 12700KF
MOBO: MSI Z690 Tomahawk
MEMORY: 32 GB
GFX: Intel ARC A750 (Drivers: 31.0.101.4576)
Asus Monitor MG24UQ 4K (DP 1.2)

0 Kudos
1 Solution
andieoz
Novice

Thanks for your help, but I think I have done enough testing. I would like to think if both devices meet the display port standards of 1.0,1.1,1.2 I shouldn't have a problem. I don't have a spare monitor to test the Arc card on, but I don't have any problems with the RTX 2070 or an older AMD card when using display port. It might be the Arc card or the monitor but I'm done testing.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
24 Replies
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello @andieoz

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities.   

Please make sure your BIOS is up to date. 7D32v1D.

Then, download and run the Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU), you will find the instructions there.

After that, please install the latest version of the graphics driver: 31.0.101.4577 (check the “Clean installation” box)

Also, in order to have more information about your system, please download, install and run Intel® System Support Utility for Windows. Make sure you check “Everything” before you scan, then save the report and attach it to your response.

And finally, please generate and attach the Report for Intel® Intel Graphics Command Center

Best regards,

Jose B.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello andieoz

We hope you are doing fine. 

Were you able to update the BIOS, perform the clean installation of the driver 31.0.101.4577 and generate the reports? 

Let us know if you still need assistance. 

Best regards,  

Jose B.   

0 Kudos
andieoz
Novice

I have updated the bios on the motherboard, I used DDU in windows safe mode to remove all GPU drivers then I installed the latest drivers 31.0.101.4577with a clean install. And I am still getting a blank screen when using a display port. HDMI is still working, When booting using any of the display ports I see the Motherboards splash screen then the screen goes black and it seems I'm at the windows login prompt.

0 Kudos
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello andieoz

Thank you for following the steps.

Please do not forget the Report from Intel® Intel Graphics Command Center

Best regards,

Jose B.

0 Kudos
andieoz
Novice

The request file is attached.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello andieoz,

Thanks for the information provided.

We will research the issue internally and provide further details as soon as possible..

Best regards,

Jean O. 

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello andieoz,

We appreciate your patience.

Before we proceed to look forward into this problem, we would like to request further information:

• Once the system is on, if you unplug and replug the DisplayPort cable does any image come on?
  • Are you using any type of video adapters when using the DisplayPort?
  • If possible, test another monitor using the DisplayPort connection.

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos
andieoz
Novice
  • Once the system is on, if you unplug and replug the DisplayPort cable does any image come on?
    With the system up and running using the HDMI and seeing a display, I switch to the display port via the monitor controls and I get a blank screen, I then unplugged both the HDMI and Display Port leads and only put the Display Port back in and I still get a blank screen. Then only using the Display Port plugged in I boot the PC and I see the Motherboards splash screen then the screen goes blank, I then unplugged the Display Port leads and put it back in a few times and still getting blank screen.
  • Are you using any type of video adapters when using the DisplayPort?
    Nop, direct from the A750 to the Monitor.
  • If possible, test another monitor using the DisplayPort connection.
    I don't have a spare monitor, Sorry.
0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello andieoz,

With the new details, we will resume our research on this matter. We will contact you back as soon as we have further details.

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello andieoz,

Before we proceed to investigate this matter, we would like to confirm one more thing.

Since you confirmed that you can see the Monitor Splash Screen, it seems as if the black screen appears when the Operating System starts running. Could you check if you have the black screen navigating through the BIOS menu? This would help us discard the possibility that this is an Operating System error.

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos
andieoz
Novice

Entering the Bios using the a Display Port works fine. Out of curiosity I booted up Ubuntu v22.04 (Linux) from a usb stick using the Display Port and had no issues, display works fine. So it seems to only have an issue using windows 11.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello andieoz,

Thanks for the inforamtion provided.

Since the issue is not present in the BIOS menu nor when booting into Ubuntu, it all points out that the issue is related to Windows 11. We recommend performing a clean installation of the Operating System to discard the possibility of corrupted files.

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos
andieoz
Novice

I did a clean install of window 11 off a usb stick using the Display Port connected and I didn't have any problems with the Display Port. It was only when I installed the latest Intel Arc Drivers (31.0.101.4644) and then the screen went blank. When I installed windows it was off-line so I'm guessing it used the default display drivers up to that point, before installing the Arc drivers.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello andieoz,

We will now continue to investigate this matter internally checking all the inforamtion you have shared. We will contact you back as soon as we have further details.

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello andieoz,

We appreciate your patience.

After looking into the issue, it seems to be a potential compatibility issue with the Graphics Windows drivers and the monitor. Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee full compatibility with every single component available in the market, yet we can try to pursue your issue. For diagnostic, we recommend you:

• If possible, use the Monitor-s OSD, set the DP mode from 1.2 to DP 1.1, and test in Windows.
  • Then, use the DDU to uninstall the drivers in Safe Mode and load Windows using the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter. Connect via DP and check if it works.

Once you test it, let us know the outcome so we can continue researching this matter.

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos
andieoz
Novice

Thanks for your help, but I think I have done enough testing. I would like to think if both devices meet the display port standards of 1.0,1.1,1.2 I shouldn't have a problem. I don't have a spare monitor to test the Arc card on, but I don't have any problems with the RTX 2070 or an older AMD card when using display port. It might be the Arc card or the monitor but I'm done testing.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello andieoz,

We would be more than happy to continue helping you solve the problem. However, we understand that you would like to stop testing further troubleshooting for your issue.

Since you decided to not continue with the support, we will be closing your thread. If you require additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello andieoz,

In case you would like to continue with the support regarding your issue. We want to recommend you try the following:

• Update your graphics driver to the latest version available, 31.0.101.4669. However, this time, make sure you are using a HDMI connection. Note that there is a new PCON update, and this may help you with the ghosting problem you reported.
  • For testing purposes, you can try a different DisplayPort cable.

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello andieoz,

We are posting back to confirm if you would like to continue with the support and if you tried updating the graphics driver using the HDMI connection and testing different DisplayPort.

Let us know if you require further support.

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello andieoz,

Unfortunately, since we have not heard back from you, we will close this thread now. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards.

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos