Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20708 Discussions

Intel Arc Control GUI freezes

Kowa92
New Contributor I

Hi all!

I have a problem with Intel Arc Control GUI.. Pratically it freezes when i open it and doesn't respond to my commands (like it's not clickable).

The overlay doesn't respond.

Try icon doesn't respond too.

Since I installed it on my PC for the first time it has never worked!

I also tried to do a clean install but it doesn't work!

• Has anyone done this before? How can I make the application work?

PS: For open the Intel Arc Control Center GUI i must before kill all his instances (precedently automatically open by windows startup) and his service (Intel Arc Control Service) and reopen the app.. Without doing this, the GUI doesn't show up.

Kowa92_0-1693431523130.png

I have Windows 11 Pro version 10.0.22621 build 22621 with 13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-13700K processor (with Intel UHD 770).

I have installed Intel Arc Control 31.0.1014669 (the previous version has the same issue on my PC)

Kowa92_0-1693430554593.png

Thank you at all!

Greetings

Labels (1)
1 Solution
Kowa92
New Contributor I

I have finally found the software that is causing the annoying problem to your Intel Control Arc app. It is the Two-Way AI Noise Cancelation of Asus (a piece of Armoury Create).

Read the email i wrote to Asus support.. And if you want, get in touch with them:

Hello,

i wanted to warn you that i found an annoying bug that is caused by your Two-Way AI Noise Cancelation application (latest version for sure.. and maybe even the previous ones) part of Armoury Create against Intel Arc Control Center (all versions). In practice, if Two-Way AI Noise Cancelation is installed, the Intel Arc Control Center GUI freezes and no longer opens... making the use of the latter software useless.
I would kindly ask you to discuss and verify together with Intel a possible fix patch to resolve this annoying problem.
I've been searching for months with the Intel people to find which software was causing this problem and I finally managed to find it.
I await your feedback.

Thank you and greetings,

LC

View solution in original post

54 Replies
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Kowa92

The commands SFC and DISM actually help with corrupted OS files and registry issues since they will scan the whole Operating System and repair potentially broken files, we are still investigating this issue, however, if you feel comfortable with those commands you can test them and let us know if they make any difference in the Arc Control Software functionality.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Kowa92
New Contributor I

Hello,

i wanna advise you that i tried to do all steps mentioned above concern to sfc command.. but unfortunately nothing is changed.

Anyway, yesterday i did a clean installation of nVidia Geforce Experience drivers (due to its update) and only for some seconds the Intel Arc Control GUI showed up and worked.

I tried to do some test performing a clean installation of the latest driver of Intel Arc Control app available (gfx_win_101.4887) with a clean unistallation of nVidia Geforce Experience but without success.. Nothing is changed so i reinstalled all drivers.

Greetings,

LC

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Kowa92

Thank you for the update. We will continue to inform you once we have the next steps for this problem.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Kowa92

I wanted to let you know that we have checked all of the log files from the Intel Arc Control software you shared with us, however, we did not notice any issue from there. We believe this could be an Operating System issue since we have not received other reports of this issue with recent drivers, so our advice would be that you test a clean installation of the Operating System on your current SSD or if possible so you can test first, to do a clean installation of an OS in a secondary SSD before you format your main SSD. If any errors on the OS this should get the not clickable GUI problem fixed in Arc control.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Kowa92

I wanted to check if you had the chance to do a clean installation of the OS or to test a clean installation on a secondary SSD. Or in case you need more time to do the required testing and installation, please let us know.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Kowa92
New Contributor I

Hello,

yes i need further time to do this.. I will test it with another SSD and  when i will done i will let you know the esit!

Greetings,

LC

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Kowa92,

Thank you for keeping us informed.

I will wait for you to test it with another SSD, please let me know the results as soon you have them.

Regards,  

Andres P. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Kowa92

I wanted to check if you were able to test Arc Control in a clean Windows installation, please let us know the outcome. In case you still need more time to test, let us know as well.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Kowa92

We have not received a response from you but we hope that testing Arc Control in a clean Window installation helped with this problem. We will be closing this thread, however, do not hesitate to open a new topic if you are still experiencing issues.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Kowa92
New Contributor I

Hello Hugo,

Sorry for my late reply but i've been busy lately. This weekend i will try to do the tests i promised you and then i will post the results immediately.

Greetings,

LC

0 Kudos
Kowa92
New Contributor I

Hello,

i wanted to inform you that the test i did by installing Windows 11 Pro in a secondary SSD of my PC (in reality i used the WinToGO application to install the OS in an external SSD with USB interface) works great without any issues!

The Intel Control Center GUI no longer fizzes, everything seems to work correctly (i also installed all the third-party SW that manage the various components of the my PC.. e.g. the dedicated GPU nVidia GTX 4080).

I wanted to thank all of you for the support you have given me.

Thanks & greetings,

LC

0 Kudos
Kowa92
New Contributor I

I have finally found the software that is causing the annoying problem to your Intel Control Arc app. It is the Two-Way AI Noise Cancelation of Asus (a piece of Armoury Create).

Read the email i wrote to Asus support.. And if you want, get in touch with them:

Hello,

i wanted to warn you that i found an annoying bug that is caused by your Two-Way AI Noise Cancelation application (latest version for sure.. and maybe even the previous ones) part of Armoury Create against Intel Arc Control Center (all versions). In practice, if Two-Way AI Noise Cancelation is installed, the Intel Arc Control Center GUI freezes and no longer opens... making the use of the latter software useless.
I would kindly ask you to discuss and verify together with Intel a possible fix patch to resolve this annoying problem.
I've been searching for months with the Intel people to find which software was causing this problem and I finally managed to find it.
I await your feedback.

Thank you and greetings,

LC

spy_pigeon
Beginner

It worked! Thanks @Kowa92 for posting this. You saved me from many additional hours of frustration. 

For future readers,

1. Don't listen to Intel

2. Uninstall ASUS 'two-way noise canceling AI'

3. Uninstall ARC control

4. Reinstall ARC control

5. Reboot your system

6. It should work