Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20622 Discussions

Intel Core i5-10210U graphical artifacts in apps with hardware acceleration

VincentPayne
Beginner

Intel Core i5-10210U graphical artifacts in apps with hardware acceleration

Hello everyone, I have the HP ProBook 450 G7 with fresh Windows 10 x64 21H2 install. Any application with hardware graphics acceleration has artifacts (Word, Excel, Chrome, MS Teams and etc.). If I will turn it off (if application has this opportunity) – artifacts will go away. Intel Diagnostic Tool, memtest5, HP Laptop tests passed without errors. Is it faulty graphics or driver, or something else? All drivers are up to date and were downloaded from official HP site.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello VincentPayne, I just received an update on this matter.

After confirming those details, yes, we used, Windows 10*, Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, and MS Teams. So, unfortunately, everything indicates that this is, as you mentioned, a hardware issue with the Intel® processor itself and a replacement of the unit with your local store will be needed.

As an alternative, if you haven't, you can try to do a clean reinstallation of the Operating System to try to fix this problem. Please make sure to back up any important information you might have on your system before trying that option.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

VincentPayne, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In reference to this case, the fact the processor passed the Intel® PDT test is always a good thing, we can now rule out a possible hardware problem with the unit itself.

Based on the information shown in the pictures/reports, the graphics driver version currently installed in your system is 30.0.101.1404, which is a driver that was provided by HP:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-probook-450-g7-notebook-pc/29090065

Even though the Intel® graphics drivers are generic, for testing purposes, you can try a clean installation of our latest Intel® graphics driver version 30.0.101.3413 following the instructions in the links below:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057389/graphics.html

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19344/intel-graphics-windows-dch-drivers.html?

We also recommend to get in contact directly with HP support to confirm that the latest BIOS version is currently installed on your machine or to gather the instructions on how to update it:

https://support.hp.com/us-en

Once you get the chance, please let us know the results.

If the issue persists after that, please provide the following details so we can do further research on this matter:

Is this a new laptop?

Was the computer working fine before without showing this problem related to hardware graphics acceleration on different applications?

If yes, when did the issue start?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes, that might cause this issue?

Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment?

Please attach the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
VincentPayne
Beginner

Hi,

I have tried to install different driver versions. Specifically - 31.0.101.3413, 30.0.100.9684, 27.20.100.9466. Artifacts will disapear only with Microsoft Basic Display Adapter. After intel driver installation and reboot - artifacts.

BIOS is up to date. Current version is S71 01.14.00

Is this a new laptop? 

No, about 1-2 years in use or so.

Was the computer working fine before without showing this problem related to hardware graphics acceleration on different applications?

No, issues with hardware graphics acceleration were since we bought it.

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes, that might cause this issue?

Only OS reimage due to personnel changes. If I will perform clean install without any software, but drivers - issue persists.

Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment?

Work environment

SSU report, BIOS info attached.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hi VincentPayne, Thank you very much for providing that information and the SSU report and the pictures.

We will do further research on this matter, as soon as I get any updates, I will post all the details on this thread.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

After trying to replicate the issue in our Intel® lab, we just wanted to let you know that we could not replicate the issue. So, at this point, we recommend getting in contact directly with the app developers for Hardware acceleration issues and further assistance on this matter.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
VincentPayne
Beginner

Hello!

What system and applications were used in Intel® lab?

If Windows 10 21H2x64 and Google Chrome/Microsoft Edge/MS Teams were used and issue were not replicated - I assume that this is hardware issue in Intel HD Graphics and I need to replace it in local service center (and pay for it, because warranty is over).

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello VincentPayne, Thank you very much for your reply.

I will confirm those details and as soon as I get any information, I will post all the updates on this thread.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

After confirming those details, yes, we used, Windows 10*, Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, and MS Teams. So, unfortunately, everything indicates that this is, as you mentioned, a hardware issue with the Intel® processor itself and a replacement of the unit with your local store will be needed.

As an alternative, if you haven't, you can try to do a clean reinstallation of the Operating System to try to fix this problem. Please make sure to back up any important information you might have on your system before trying that option.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
VincentPayne
Beginner

Hello,

Thak you for the clarification. I have tried to install fresh Windows 10 and Windows 11 - same issue. I will replace CPU in local service center.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hi VincentPayne, You are very welcome, thank you very much for sharing those details.

Yes, that will be the next thing to do in this case, to replace the unit.

Any other inquiries, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos