Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20589 Discussions

Intel Driver Assistant keeps on reporting a new driver to be installed, even after having it installed (multiple times)

PReij
Novice

The assistant reports the need to install graphics driver version 15.33 on my Asus T200TA, under Win 10, 32 bit, NL. It repeatedly did install a new driver. I then downloaded it manually and ran the win32_15.33.50.5129.exe. I noticed that it installs version 10.18.10.5129 instead and thus after reboot, the utility comes back that there is a new version to be installed. What is going wrong here? Is the wrong driver embedded in the .exe?

One additional question: on the Intel site there are 2 versions of this .exe with the exact same specs mentioned, both for the 32 and for the 64 bit OS. I was not able to find the difference.

Do let me know if you need any more detailed data. I'll be glad to collect it. Thanks in advance for your guidance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Monique_Intel

@PReij  This is Monique and I'm the IDSA project manager. Our developers had a fix for this issue in our latest IDSA release on June 25th.

Please rescan with IDSA (updating to the latest version 20.7.26) and let us know if the IDSA scan is working correctly for you.

Thanks for your patience and for reporting the issue to help us improve our product.
Monique with Intel Corporation

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

First of all, whether you use the Win32 or the Win64 version of the package is dependent upon whether you have 32-bit Windows 10 or or 64-bit Windows 10 installed. In your case, since you are using a tablet with 4GB or less memory, you have 32-bit Windows 10 installed and thus need the Win32 package.

Secondly, you are getting confused by the differences in version numbers for the package and for an individual device driver. Because the package contains multiple device drivers (for multiple versions of the graphics hardware), their version strings are naturally going to be different than that for the overall package. What is important is to look at the last (4th) component of the version string. If this component - called the build number - is the same, then you know that the right driver was successfully installed. Driver version 10.18.10.5129 has the same build number (5129) as package 15.33.50.5129, so you know the right driver was installed.

The problem you are seeing is purely an issue within the Intel Driver and Support Assistant (IDSA) app. It is incorrectly determining that a new package version is available. There are all sorts of people seeing this same kind of issue for one package or another. I have reports submitted for two similar issues.

If you would like to provide data that will help the IDSA team address the issue, here is what you need to do...

1. Uninstall the current version of IDSA that you have installed. To accomplish this, download and run this Uninstaller: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29376/Intel-Driver-Support-Assistant-Uninstaller.
  2. Reboot the tablet.
  3. Run the latest version of IDSA. Download the installer for this version (20.4.17.5) from here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28425/Intel-Driver-Support-Assistant.

If the problem persists on this latest version, please do the following:

1. Download and run the Intel System Support Utility for Windows from here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- and save the report to a file. Then, using the paperclip icon below the edit window, upload and attach this file to a response post.
  2. Upload the IDSA Uninstaller log file. Using File Explorer, search for DSAUninstaller.log. Then, using the paperclip icon, upload and attach this file to a response post.
  3. Upload all of the IDSA log files. Using File Explorer, go to folder C:\ProgramData\Intel\DSA. Copy the entire contents of this folder into a ZIP file. Then, using the paperclip icon, upload and attach this ZIP file to a response post.

Note:

1. You can only upload and attach one file to a response post. You will have to generate three response posts.
  2. You may have to Uncheck Hide System Files before you can to see the AppData folder. for more information, consult this page: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14201/windows-show-hidden-files.

Hope this covers it,

...S

0 Kudos
PReij
Novice

Thanks for this elaborate answer. I uninstalled and installed the Driver Assistant. Same behaviour though. Find attached the output ftom the System Support Tool. I will create more responses for the other files, as you asked me to.

0 Kudos
PReij
Novice

And here is the DSA Uninstaller log

0 Kudos
PReij
Novice

And the zipped contents of the DSA folder...

Thanks for taking a look.

0 Kudos
Monique_Intel

@PReij  This is Monique and I'm the IDSA project manager. Our developers had a fix for this issue in our latest IDSA release on June 25th.

Please rescan with IDSA (updating to the latest version 20.7.26) and let us know if the IDSA scan is working correctly for you.

Thanks for your patience and for reporting the issue to help us improve our product.
Monique with Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
PReij
Novice
0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello PReij

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

Since the issue persists after trying the recommended steps provided by the community (thank you n.scott.pearson for that and the detailed explanation) we will check the logs and report provided to investigate this further. As soon as we have more details available we will be posting back in this thread.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos