Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20623 Discussions

Intel Driver Assistant tries to install Arc when none exit

SomeGuy9000
Beginner

Intel Driver Assistant keeps saying I have a driver update for Intel Arc GPU.

I do NOT have an Intel Arc GPU. I have a UHD 770 iGPU on a i7-12700K. My current driver is 31.0.101.3790.

This has been broken for months now. Can someone please explain if this is a bug or not.

SomeGuy9000_0-1671410057539.png

SomeGuy9000_1-1671410133480.png

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello SomeGuy9000,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I understand that you have an inquiry related to the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA).

I would like to let you know that starting with driver 31.0.101.3430, the installation package supports integrated graphics on 11th and 12th-generation systems along with Intel® Arc™ Graphics Cards. Thus the suggestion from IDSA is a cosmetic error. The driver can still be installed and supports these devices.

However, if you do not want to install it, you can hide the notification. You can use the following article:

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
SomeGuy9000
Beginner

Thanks for info.

Biggest issue with this is the Arc control panel is a disaster. It requires UAC every time your computer boots. Feels like someone from middle school wrote the thing tbh.

The old iGPU control panel is nice & works well.

0 Kudos
CRIB
Beginner

Hi there, I have the same problem: IDSA keeps pestering me to install the following driver
----------------------------------------------
Intel® Arc™ & Iris® Xe Graphics - Windows*

Description:
This download installs Intel® Graphics Driver 31.0.101.5333 (WHQL Certified) for Intel® Arc™ A-Series Graphics, Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics, and Intel® Core™ Ultra Processors with Intel® Arc™ Graphics.
Version:
Release date:
February 26, 2024
Size:
681.18 MB
----------------------------------------------
However I have a NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 and a Intel UHD Graphics (No ARC at all).
My question is:
Should I go ahead and update it anyway or somehow (???) get rid of these frequent pop-ups??
I'm very ignorant about these matters so any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks!!
Cheers!
0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello SomeGuy9000, 

Thanks for your response, I really appreciate it. If you have any issues or concerns related to the Arc control, feel free to open a new thread sharing your scenario.

I am glad to know that the information was helpful, I will proceed to close this thread, but can open a new one in case you need further assistance.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos