Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20492 Discussions

Intel Driver Support Assistant insists that my 660p has a firmware update...

bumrush
Novice

.. but the linked webpage doesn't appear to have any means to download the update.  Freshly-installed Solidigm Storage Tool also states that the installed firmware is the most recent.

This issue only began to occur after installing Solidigm Storage Tool.  Please advise.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
DeividA_Intel

Hello bumrush, 

Thanks for the information provided, Based on your issue, please try the following:

1. perform a clean installation of the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA):

Please let me know if the issue persists.

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
JosafathB_Intel

Hello, bumrush.

Thank you for contacting Intel® Memory and Storage support.

As we understand, you are requesting support related to your Intel® SSD 660p Series and the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant. If we inferred correctly, please, review the following information:

1- As mentioned on the new Solidigm Storage Tool (SST), you are already running the latest version of the firmware for your SSD. Please be aware that this is the only tool that you should use to check and perform any firmware update.

2- The issue you are experiencing seems related to the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA), providing an inaccurate message claiming that there is a firmware update for your SSD.

We will move your thread to the Intel® DSA support for you to get further assistance related to this tool.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Best regards.

Jos B.

Intel® Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello bumrush,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I understand you are having issues with your computer.

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. Are you using a laptop or desktop computer?

2. Have you tried reinstalling the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA)?

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
bumrush
Novice

Thank you for the prompt reply.  My responses below in bold...

1. Are you using a laptop or desktop computer? I am using a desktop.

2. Have you tried reinstalling the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA)?  No, I have not.

Please let me know if you require additional information.

Brian

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello bumrush, 

Thanks for the information provided, Based on your issue, please try the following:

1. perform a clean installation of the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA):

Please let me know if the issue persists.

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
bumrush
Novice

This solution worked, thank you very much!

DeividA_Intel

Hello bumrush, 

I am so glad to know that the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) is working properly now. In this, I will close this thread and you can open a new one if you need further assistance or if you encounter a new issue.

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos