Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21164 Discussions

Intel Drivers

MaiiyeaalaganKanniah

Hi,

We notice there are two Intel Drivers as listed below in the Advantech ARK-1000-BTO-MKE01 computer.

1. Intel HD Graphics Driver 20.19.15.4531
  2. Intel Management Engine Consumer Driver for NUC5i3RY, NUC5i7RY, NUC5i3MY 11.0.6.1194

Are the above two Intel drivers subset to Microsoft Windows 10 ?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User
Not sure why they are using this second driver package; it is intended - and customized - for some of Intel's NUC products. Regardless, yes, Windows 11 did not exist when these drivers were released. In fact, the first driver is a non-DCH driver and all drivers for Windows 11 are supposed to be DCH.
Hope this helps,
...S
0 Kudos
MaiiyeaalaganKanniah

Hi Scott,

Thank you for the detailed reply.

So, these two Intel drivers are indeed part of Microsoft Windows 10 installation. 

1. Intel HD Graphics Driver 20.19.15.4531
  2. Intel Management Engine Consumer Driver for NUC5i3RY, NUC5i7RY, NUC5i3MY 11.0.6.1194
0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

No, I didn't say that - and no, these are NOT part of the Windows 10 Installation package (though the first might be in the MS catalog and thus installable as an update).

The second package has no business being distributed by this vendor; it is a version customized for the mentioned Intel NUC products. The vendor should have their own version that they obtained from Intel when they released this system, one that is guaranteed to be compatible with the version(s) of the ME firmware being included in their system's BIOS (and not one that just happens to work).

...S

0 Kudos
MaiiyeaalaganKanniah

Hi Scott,

Ok noted.

Thanks for the help. Appreciate that.

0 Kudos