Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20597 Discussions

Intel Graphics 520; how to get higher refresh rate

CMe1
Beginner

Hello,

I've got a question to integrated Intel Graphics HD 520. I am using an external Monitor (Max 144 MHz) connected via HDMI to the Laptop. I just want to know If there is any possibility to get an higher refresh rate than 70 MHz?

Best regards

Chris

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Thank you very much for sharing your issue with the Intel Communities Team, ChrisPMe.

You should be able to modify this feature on the Intel® HD Graphics Control Panel > Display > Refresh Rate, if you are unable to modify this and the monitor should support that refresh rate, there might be an issue. Allow me to help you with this, for me to assist you better, please provide me with a DxDiag* report. Please follow these steps to generate it:
  • 1. On the keyboard, press WinLogo key + R.
  • 2. In the Run box please type dxdiag and hit Enter.
  • 3. Click on Save All Information (save it to your desktop).
  • 4. Attach the txt file that was generated. To attach a file, you must click the "Attach" option on the bottom right-hand corner of the response box.
Furthermore, please provide me with an Intel® Graphics Report. Additionally, please provide me with the model of the external monitor, which type of cable you are using to achieve the connection and the current resolution and refresh rate.

Antony S.
0 Kudos
CMe1
Beginner

Hello,

thanks for answering. I've attached the dxdiag-file and I think the graphic report file. The Monitor is a iiyama GB2760QSU and its connected via HDMI to the laptop. I cannot set up a higher refresh rate than 70 MHz.

Kind regards

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you very much for your reply and the information provided, ChrisPMe.

By checking the reports attached I can see that indeed the Intel® HD Graphics controller will recognize that the display will support 2560 x 1440 (144p Hz) nevertheless, I am afraid that there is a hardware limitation from your laptop so this is why you can not set your display to 144p Hz. I was trying to find if the HDMI* port on your machine was 1.4 or 2.0 version. The reason why I was trying to find this out is that the HDMI* 1.4 will be capable to support 2560 x 1440 (144p Hz) since the maximum bandwidth supported of this version is 10.2 Gbps and with this resolution set, the bandwidth will be 15.93 Gbps as a result, this resolution will not be possible to set using an HDMI 1.4 port/cable. On the other hand, the HDMI* 2.0 maximum bandwidth is 18Gbps so, using this port you will be able to achieve this connection. Please get in touch with https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support ACER® Support for you to double check which is the version of the HDMI® port

Antony S.
0 Kudos
CMe1
Beginner

Hello,

I've just contacted Acer to findout the HDMI version. Its the 1.4b. Acer told me that at the resolution of 2560 x 1440, there is no higher refresh rate achieveable.

Kind regards

ChrisPMe

0 Kudos