Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20495 Discussions

Intel Graphics - Windows* DCH Drivers wanting to install existing driver

Orcadian
Beginner
Description: This download installs Intel® Graphics Driver 31.0.101.3790/31.0.101.2114 for Xe Dedicated, 6th-13th Gen Intel® Core™ Processor Graphics, and related Intel Atom®, Pentium®, and Celeron® processors. Driver version varies depending on the Intel Graphics in the system. Version: 31.0.101.2114Release date: October 26, 2022Size: 991.18 MB I have an ASUS Laptop L410MA which has an Intel (R) UHD Graphics 600 card installed and I have the Intel Driver & Support Assistant Programme which I use to update drivers / identify drivers which require updating. However I have a problem with either the Intel Driver Support Assistant OR the Graphics driver which I have pasted details of at the start - the issue is the Intel Driver Support Assistant wants to update the installed driver with the one detailed above - but it is the same driver! this has been happening for weeks - hence I am seeking any help available from those who know better. I have always executed a fresh install and reboot, not just downloading & installing the driver, but it makes no difference and after a few days I get the alert telling there is a new driver to install - but it is the same driver. Thanks in advance for any assistance.
0 Kudos
6 Replies
DeividA_Intel

Hello Orcadian,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA).

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. You manually installed version 31.0.101.3790/31.0.101.2114 and Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) is asking you to install the same version, is that right?

2. Which browser are you using to open the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA)?

3. Did you try a clean installation of the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA)?

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello Orcadian,  

Were you able to check the previous post and get the information requested? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
Orcadian
Beginner

What I do to install the driver and the process followed. The Intel Driver Support programme alerts me to a new updated driver I go to the programme which connects to the internet using Google Chrome on Windows 11 the programme then asks if I want to download the new driver I click yes and the Driver gets downloaded by the programme Once down loaded the programme then asks if I want to just install the new driver OR do I want to do as recommended by the programme and do a fresh install which completely removes and replaces the old driver I then Reboot as recommended.    

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello Orcadian, 

Thanks for the confirmation. Based on your issue, I would like you to try the following:

1. Check to see if any Windows updates are pending.

2. Clear the browser cache and close the browser.

3. Try disabling your Ad Blocking extensions and privacy-related extension on the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) webpage.

4. Uninstall the existing Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) tool in the system using the Uninstaller tool and reinstall the tool.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello Orcadian, 

After checking your thread, I would like to know if you need further assistance. 

If so, please let me know. 

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello Orcadian,  

I was checking your thread and see that we have not heard back from you.  

I’m going to close your post, but if you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to create a new thread. 

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos